Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

modded 1:18 scorpion

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:03 AM
lohocla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modded 1:18 scorpion

Heres My Nylint 1:18.

List of modding includes:

1)tummy tuck
2)flipped rear axle
3)3 link suspension, center links is only a single pivot point link to reduce side to side movement
4)hobby grade elec. Dynamite Tazer esc, 2055 servo and 2019 rx/tx
5)shocks relocated
6)stock tires narrowed, gonna cut them tonight and soften them up

It has a 9 inch wheel base, adjustable up to 10 and 8 inch ground clearance. Du-bro 4-40 ballends and traxxas xl-5 stampede steering rods were used for the outer links.

heres some pics

this was backed up onto. you cant see it but behind that pede chassis is a plastic stand that comes with the 1:6 Nylint, I used it to help me up just to show the articulation on my rear end. i didnt feel like working to get up the pede chassis and dont like posing it.

another action shot

I still have worke yet.. basicallly to just clean it up a bit. get that tamiya connector hidden(replace those tamiyas with deans)
I bought some .032 aluminum sheets to build a chassis eventually and to permanently mount the servo with. I kow alot of people say why waste money on nylint.. well I like nylint and will stick with them. I could go TLT but choose not too. plus I really only spent about 7 dollars on the du-bro ball ends everything else I fabricated or had on hand from other trucks
Old 01-21-2007, 05:04 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: modded 1:18 scorpion

I kow alot of people say why waste money on nylint..
it's not a waist if you like it. everyone elses opinion should only matter in government.

looks good
Old 01-21-2007, 05:34 AM
lohocla

Thank you I appreciate the compliment. I love the Nylints alot I think for 50 rtr out of the box with a charger and battery pack included is not at all a bad deal. and It crawls very well stock. Soon they start making more. I have seen the bronco and they have a lunchbox also I think

anyways heres what I did just a bit ago
.032 aluminum plate covering the hole that used to house the old servo motor. got a big piece for 70 cents.. have enough left over for the belly pan and skid plates for both axles.. 79 cents only at the Do-it-Center, it's also my lhs, it has a very small section but stock many things
a little dirty

2055 mounted with Devcon Plastic-Weld, Ive seen people use another piece of alum cut to hold the servo on the stock mount hole but I didnt feel the need to do that.. It does look good but this is a little more clean IMO
the horn that comes with the stampede is huge and bulky so I shaved that down as thin and small as I could without getting to the wallowing out point after turning the wheels 3 times

I will lock in low both the front and rear axles and shave the switch tomorrow when the devcon(like jbweld but plastic) holding the servo cures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33267.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	603006  
Old 01-21-2007, 12:14 PM
dude7422

not to bad looks nice want to see big time bling bling check this link out >>http://www.inetrc.com/store/index.cf...on=DisplayMain <<this dudes trucks are some of the best i have seen to date find his gallery