Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

tracer or sw2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
white tiger
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracer or sw2

I am going to build a crawler and need to ask a few questions. I can't make my mind up on which of the two chassis kits to get. I was leaning toward the Tracer because of a little less money, but I read it uses the stock TLT trans. where the SW2 uses the rustler trans.. If I go with the Tracer is the TLT trans. up to par or do I need to drop the exta cash so I can use the traxxas trans.. I am just doing it for fun not comp. I will be buying rolling chassis from the crawler store. Any feedback or advise will be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: tracer or sw2

If you don't plan on doing anything too extreme or comps, the tracer can work for you. I personally would lay out the extra cash and go for the SW2 simply for the trany upgrade. The TLT trans will hold up fine but you may end up replacing belts.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 PM
tattooedfreak

i have the tracer and i like it alot. i have not had any probs with the tranny. just gear it right and get a good motor and your fine. i really like the links and mounts that come with the kit.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
dezfan

SW2.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
sneff

From what I read go with the sw2. But if your just having fun the tracer will be fine. I just ordered a Tracer from The crawler store, I dont compete so I'm just sticking with the stock trans which I modified to accept a 72 Tmaxx spur. A friend of mine just got his Tracer and it really looks great!!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

i say sw2, it uses a great tranny, or i shouild say a very strong tranny, and you wont need to worry about belts breaking and slipping.
It is worth the extra money .
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
sneff

My tracer is now done and I've been having a lot of fun!! For the money and for someone that doesnt compete I'd say this chassis cant be beat!!!
I was crawling on some carpet the other day at the hobby shop I work at and I got my front wheel under the display case and my rear diff slipped and not the belt. I think I need to shim the pinion a bit. This was a pretty extreme situation where all the wheels were all locked solid and the weakest point ended up being the diff gear.
So the belt seems to be a bit stronger than I thought!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
sneff

Heres a couple pics of my Tracer
[img][/img][img][/img]
[img][/img][img][/img]