Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Creating a Rock Crawler

Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Jatoff-roader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creating a Rock Crawler

I am Rustlerman2.1 @ the Traxxas forums and am in the process of designing and pricing a custom rock crawler and have been working on the design for 2 weeks now constantly. I am using the Traxxas Magnum 272 transmission front and rear. I have figured out how to get it 4 wheel drive easy but am having trouble w/ the steering I need to combine a steering block w/ a bearing carrier and also fit the . If I can get it to steer and fit on the rear a-arms i could start the biulding in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!! I am 14 years old and have designed the chassis 100% on my own and and on the last peice of the designing process of the project. Anyone with an idea it would be greatly appreciated. The closest I've gotten to figuring it out is the difference between a 5 and 6 MM spider shaft. LOL I was excited and was so close.
Thnx,
Jatoff-roader
Old 02-09-2007, 11:43 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: Creating a Rock Crawler

[link=http://www.thorbob.com/4x4xthor_3.htm]This[/link] is how most people do it. The only other way I have seen is [link=http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140501]this[/link] way, but he doesnt give specific details. I remember seeing someone else do it like the traxas guy did, but I cant remember where. If I remember what knuckles those are Ill let you know.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:51 PM
hands without shadows

[link=http://4x4pede.freehomepage.com/how_to_4x4pede.html]This site[/link] kinda tells you how, but its not the one I was thinking of. It requires alot of dremelling.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Jatoff-roader

allight, I came up w/ a new idea I am gonna use the upper part of the driveshaft frm the rustler and glue the lower from the emaxx on so i have the right sized yoke. (no inedenent suspension so it will work. what are some good, sof long shocks and springs for a crawler?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Jatoff-roader

I saw the t-maxx shocks but pricey!!!!!!! what about the e-savage shocks I know theyre big but My chassis is going to look more like two plates laying down w/ a big upsdedown triangle in the middle, battery mounted low in the front:and shocks upside down w/ a magnum 272 on each side and a servo in front.