Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Junfac Tracer

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
aer-wubby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junfac Tracer

Okay, so my last thread was deleted because I asked for TLT axles..

Anyways, I'm planning on a TLT kit, and the JunFac Tracer conversion. I want this because it looks nice, and this is my first crawler (which is gonna be bashed with 19T). I've got all of my electronics down (going 4WS). Is there anything I should know about this chassis, or any tips? I definitely want the Tracer (price, and looks).

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:53 PM
dezfan

Default RE: Junfac Tracer

All you need to know that it will not be a good crawler.

Great basher, but a poor crawler.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Anomie

That is certainly a nice looking conversion. It looks like it doesn't have much travel, and the link setup will limit it's articulation some. For just playing around, though, probably a good time. Post some pics when you start building.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
R/C fan-addict

I think you should buy a pede or stealth tranny for <$40 and then get an SW2 chassis for $60-80. You'll spend a little more money, with buying links and all, but it'll be a far better crawler and basher, and you'll have a much better chassis and tranny.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

I think you should buy a pede or stealth tranny for <$40 and then get an SW2 chassis for $60-80. You'll spend a little more money, with buying links and all, but it'll be a far better crawler and basher, and you'll have a much better chassis and tranny.
I know the stock TLT tranny limits the crawling capabilites, but I'm going for broke and just getting a JunFac conversion because it comes with basically everything (links especially). I'm going to be using HotBodies Threaded aluminum shocks (101mm), so those will assist making the shock travel greater. I'm going for looks here too. I'll be mostly bashing - I'll only do some indoor crawling up my legs when I'm sitting (), and small things outside once the snow clears. I'm not going be crawling crazy 70 degree angles, so I don't need a winning crawler chassis.

If anyones curious, here's the lowdown on the components:

TLT Kit
JunFac Tracer conversion
Hot Bodies Threaded T-Maxx shocks
F350 body (need some more suggestions, though)
Moab 2.2 tires
4WS (two S3305's)
Novak XRS or DTX AutoSport ESC
XXtra receiver

The electronics are subject to change (anyone can suggest a replacement).

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
nonname

hey there glad i found this thead because i have been thinking about doing the same thing with my TLT. Pick up the April issue of RC Driver. Their crawler section deals with the tracer chassis. You might want to add Traxxas friction pegs to your list for the center diff. Yes you can JB Weld it but those pegs can save you from messing up you belt.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
sneff

Heres a couple pics of my tracer. Its a great conversion for the money. I'm going to be fitting a stampede tranny into mine.
[img][/img][img][/img]
[img][/img][img][/img]