Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

lmk what you think

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:15 AM
offroaders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lmk what you think

hey for my clod crawler i want to use stock savage tires
but the rims make the axles look WAYYY to thin so should i just use them or if i cut the stock clod rims to the same size of the savage rims and put the savage tires on the clod rims? lmk what you think might work
thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: lmk what you think

just use different tires. Stock savage tires aren't all that great for crawling anyway. Something like the moabs is a better suited tire.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
hands without shadows

Lol, if your building a rock crawler for looks you might as well stop right now. Crawlers are some of the ugliest rigs in my opinion, but then again they are the most beautifull too (just not aesthetically)

Just a question.......where is stayner?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

I have to disagree with that, you can have both... the ugly ones are usually made by people who just throw something together and don't care if it looks like a turd. I have seen some beautiful scale rigs that are VERY capable, I like to think I got that one right as well - - [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5337646/tm.htm]my crawler[/link]
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
offroaders

stanyer is 30 mins from barrie and 2 hours from toronto

and i figered out away to put my savage rims on my clod with out buying any thing
Old 03-05-2007, 08:37 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Most builds on rccrawler, or at least the tlt's, are made from production chassis/links, all the aluminum parts etc and usally look damn good. The people who make their stuff generally have the "ugly" rigs but it sure is fun watching how my ugly rig used to climb like a beast.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:29 PM
hands without shadows

I guess it's just me. When I look at a rig my first opinion is that its ugly just because theres stuff everywhere but when I look closer I can appreciate all the work that went into it and how its beautiful mechanically. I think that about the rigs on RCC too, even the scalers (with the body off) This is just me though.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

Most builds on rccrawler, or at least the tlt's, are made from production chassis/links, all the aluminum parts etc and usally look damn good. The people who make their stuff generally have the "ugly" rigs but it sure is fun watching how my ugly rig used to climb like a beast.

I agree about the production / nearly kit-crawlers, I am sick of seeing them (I swear if I see another SW2 build on RCC.... [:@] ) . Customs always have been and will remain the most innovative and IMO a well built $30 home-build is worth more than a $1000 kit-crawler. To make a good looking custom chassis takes alot of thought in the design.

Back on topic.... how did you mount the wheels with out buying anything?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:55 AM
dezfan

I think mine are purdy!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 PM
5150bronco

I like the mashers better than moabs, think moabs are too soft and with the mashers, you can buy extra set use c.a. glue and make side tread. hope that helps.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
offroaders

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

I agree about the production / nearly kit-crawlers, I am sick of seeing them (I swear if I see another SW2 build on RCC.... [:@] ) . Customs always have been and will remain the most innovative and IMO a well built $30 home-build is worth more than a $1000 kit-crawler. To make a good looking custom chassis takes alot of thought in the design.

Back on topic.... how did you mount the wheels with out buying anything?
well ok it works for now but i think i am buying some lst tires

but i took the stock hex from the clod and kinda hammered lol the hex in so it made the same shape on the stock savage rim but not where the 14mm hex is i put it where the nut would normaly go
Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 5150bronco

I like the mashers better than moabs, think moabs are too soft and with the mashers, you can buy extra set use c.a. glue and make side tread. hope that helps.
what about these
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27032.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	637369