Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

NEW 2.2 Build Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:27 PM
fire_boy92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW 2.2 Build Thread!!

Ok so I have my TLT on the way, this will be my build thread throughout the entire process. I will try to post as many pics as I can throughout the build. This is what I have come up with.

Tuber, tig welded out of aluminum.
Square and rod aluminum used.
3 link (maybe)
Droop suspension
Based on a crawler I found in crawl magazine march/april 2007, Team Tsuda FJ cruiser.

NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS.... I have looked around but havent found exactly what im looking for ...

2.2 WB??
ground clearance??
Chassis width??

Once I have these numbers in mind I can start the drawings.

Thanks in advance for any help ---- CHRIS
Old 03-24-2007, 03:35 PM
lohocla

Default RE: NEW 2.2 Build Thread!!

if you plan to compete there is 12.5" max. wb and 12.5" max. trackwidth in the rules. about ground clearance, try to get it as high as possible yet low enough to keep the cog down
Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 PM
fire_boy92

hey thanks, you have been a lot of help lately lol, is there a link where I can find these rules?? I dont plan on doing any comps, but Im thinking of making jigs for this one so if someone else wanted one it would all be to spec.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM
lohocla

here ya go.

http://www.utrcrc.com/misc/USRCCA_Rules_03-06-07.pdf
Old 03-24-2007, 04:09 PM
fire_boy92

one part confuses me a little, the part about bodies....

It says you have to run 1/10th body, then it says tubers have to have solid side panels and raised roof and so on. Is this in addition to the body or do tubers not have to have the 1/10th body??? just the panels??
Old 03-24-2007, 04:20 PM
lohocla

tubers can have just panels and not bodies. you need to have the roof, side and hood plated to be legal. or you can run a body on a tube frame.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:19 PM
coy5840

If you follow these rules you'll be good.
They don't want anything like I built, which was legal when I built it. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ht=tuber+rules

There are some new regulations in the 2007 USRCCA Rules regarding the use of a tube chassis. If you plan to build and run in a 2007 USRCCA competition, all competition tube chassis should be compliant with these guildlines:

• Super class tube chassis are allowed with the following restrictions. Over all dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 12"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height, the roof must be raised from the main chassis to resemble a cockpit, and it must have solid hood, roof and side-panels. Tube chassis’ should resemble a 1:1 vehicle.

• 2.2 Crawler class tube chassis are allowed with the following restrictions. Over all dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height, the roof must be raised from the main chassis to resemble a cockpit, and it must have solid hood, roof and side-panels. Tube chassis’ should resemble a 1:1 vehicle.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
fire_boy92

Well I placed a special order at my LHS for the aluminum i need about two weeks ago .... I go in there the other day and they havent even ordered it yet!! I have my tlt all built up, figured there were no need for pics of the axles since they are all over the place in here. When that aluminum shows up im going to get started and start posing some pics.