Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Chassis

Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis

Hey I was just wondering what chassis would give me the most articulation...thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Chassis

Really that has nothing to do with the chassis, but with the suspension and how YOU set things up. The chassis has more to do with CG and balance. You also don't want "the most" articulation.... only 60-70 degrees max is needed and anything more will become a problem on the rocks. As far as a good chassis go, check out: SW2 / SW3, K2-3s, vertical smile, J2-tt, and there are several others if you search.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 PM
dezfan

Articulation is WAY over rated.

Listen to what Ace stated and go from there.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 PM
rcdudegermy10

yea I was looking at this one: Reign Products J2-TT Chassis, it seems good and cheap...how would I set stuff up for a lot of articulation, longer shocks, suspension rods...b/c I like the way on some of the crawlers--it looks like the entire truck twists...I want that w/o having to spend a ton of money...
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
rcdudegermy10

Ideally if I can I would like to use some of the parts I have: T-Maxx upper and lower arms, chassis braces, a spare chassis (T-Maxx), bulkheads, lots of hinge pins and an electric evader st...also a duratrax streak esc (up to 10 cells, and like a 12 motor limit), 2 3000mah 6 cell packs, and one 1500 pack, a 20 and a 17 turn motor, lots of wheels and tires

Also are the suspension links (for a crawler) made out of turnbuckles? If so could I use my T-Maxx ones?

I also have 8 shocks, off my T-maxx and evader...I was thinking of trying to use inboard shocks (horizontally mounted...if it's possible) like the Revo, or full scale indy cars...

I would also buy the 4 wheel steering kit, and probably just use a couple of 80 oz/in t-maxx servos (is that enough torque)...

Is there a lot more that I will need...axles (which ones would have the best value...TLT or ??).....?

By the way, I want to have a crawler that could be somewhat competitive in a competition, but I really want a car that can articulate like crazy...I would just use it around my grandma's house...riverbeds, small rocks, dirt mounds...I also wouldn't be putting in any 55 turn motors...more like a 20 turn or a 30 (if I can find one) turn b/c I don't like slow cars...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
rcdudegermy10

Could anyone help me set my soon to be crawler up...thanks