Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

HELP!!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!

I've never had a crawler before, but I'd like to get into the sport. I want something with low maintenance that will still perform well. I'd rather have something that is already built. I wouldn't mind building a new one if the instructions were really good. I was considering purchasing this one on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7058&rd=1&rd=1 and I just wanted to know what you guys thought it was worth. Any input on what I should get (used/new, model, etc...) and how much I should pay for it would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Lumpmister

Default RE: HELP!!!!

It look looks like a good deal. You just have to rememeber if you break anything that TLT products are very hard to get a hold of.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:19 PM
y7deluxe

What would you recommend I get?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 AM
lohocla

ORIGINAL: y7deluxe

What would you recommend I get?
this seems to be a burning question lately... go for a Wheely King 4x4. 200$ rtr includes everything already. charge battery and go.
I should mention it will not crawl out of box, but with some easy mods it holds its own on the rocks and in the muck. I got mine out of the box, immediately locked the diffs, very easy to do also. after that I removed the bar that tied the rear lower links together and that added alot of flex. now you are ready to roll... its that easy.
of course you wont win any competitions but it is fun like this..
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
coy5840

ORIGINAL: Lumpmister
You just have to rememeber if you break anything that TLT products are very hard to get a hold of.

There will be plenty of TLT parts available for a long time. The parts used in the axles also come on the Knight Hauler.
I can also get enough parts to buidl brand new TLT axles for around $70-80.

I'd say get it. You still have 1.5 days left.