Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Clodzilla IV link mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 AM
tweeter79
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clodzilla IV link mounting

Anyone know the stock mounting location for the links on a 'zilla 4. I bought a used one off ebay and i think the guy ha dhis own ideas in mind. When i got it home I noticed it looked a bit different than what i was expecting. The links that come from the bottom/middle of the chassis are connected to an upper link mount (like from Gecko 2). The other links that run to each axle tube are mounted to the existing holes in the steel axle brace. This setup seems to limit the articulation. Any documentation online, or can anyone take a pic of thier 'zilla 4 for me so i can see the stock setup. Also wondering where you guys mount your batteries? Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah, there were no cantilevers included, is this something that would be worthwhile trying out?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM
bigtreds

Default RE: Clodzilla IV link mounting

have any pics. here is a pic of my clodzilla 2 . not real sure what the 4 looks like but with a pic I might be able to help. I really like the cantilevers on mine. makes a big diff. alot smoother.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57531.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	901882  
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

You mean the link mount on the axles? Here is a pdf file for the Clodzilla II instruction sheet. The links mount in the same place as the Zilla IV.
http://clodzone.com/wp-content/uploa...illamanual.pdf

And you might be able to see them in some of the pics here:
http://clodzone.com/?p=205
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
tweeter79
My Feedback: (1)

thx for the help. I found a pic zilla 4 pic that helped me out enough. I moved my lower links to the c-hub on each wheel and now i get great articulation.