Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

i love the wheely king

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default i love the wheely king

i just got my (used) wheely king in the mail. the previous owner streched it, put the servo on the axle and locked the diffs. man is it fun to drive in my house(it is snow outside, and its really wet and soft[]) i ran 1 pack through it, and i can tell that installing a cooling fan for the esc is a must.
but what im really happy about is that the rear axle parts are the same as the front, there is just a plastic rod that keeps the rear tires straight. i have a extra servo, and a 3 channel RX, so i just need a 3channel TX and to fab up a servo mount and ill have 4ws! its almost like the guys at hpi forsaw that people would want 4ws, and reused the parts on the front for the rear(maybe it was cost effective, but id like to believe that they were thinking of their customers.)
any way, its a fun truck. not sure if ill make it a full rock crawler, or keep is as more of a trail truck.
also thinking of finding a semi scale looking body to put scale accesories to.