Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
fisherkip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beadlocks

I received my axail just before leaving for Florida two weeks ago. Of course I put it together and ran it before going. Here's the problem, I didn't take the time to trim the foams before putting the tires on the wheels and now my tires keep popping out of the beadlocks on the inside. Will cutting the foams eliminate this problem?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: beadlocks

They shouldn't pop out of the beadlocks regardless of the foams. I think you're either not seating the tires in the bead correctly, not tightening them enough, or have stripped the screws.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 AM
fisherkip

I haven't stripped the screws, maybe not tightening enough as the directions warn against over tightening.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
RC Reaper

trimming the foams for crawling is good anyway so start there read about trimming foams on the forum