Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Pictures of my Super, and tested my photography skills! Check em out!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Pictures of my Super, and tested my photography skills! Check em out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pictures of my Super, and tested my photography skills! Check em out!

I just took these pictures of my super, and I felt like testing my photography skills. Some of the pictures turned out awesome, others were decent. Anyway, I just felt like sharing these with you guys. And I just painted this body like 4 hours ago, and just finished up with adding dual speed controls and a 4 channel stick radio. Anyway, I hope ya'll like them!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:51 PM
cwhitacre21
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pictures of my Super, and tested my photography skills! Check em out!

Well done!

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like your ready for the rocks. [)]
Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Krawlin

Default RE: Pictures of my Super, and tested my photography skills! Check em out!

ORIGINAL: cwhitacre21

Well done!

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like your ready for the rocks. [)]
Thanks!

And as far as being ready for the rocks, well, the first scratch on that nice body is going to hurt, and its really tough to learn to drive this thing because it has a 4 channel stick radio, and I formerly had a 3 channel pistol style.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Forest pictures are good. I would recommend keeping a very simple background. Your angles on the truck are good, but there is a lot of stuff in the background that takes away from the focus of the shot. I understand the GMC truck was the backdrop for some of the pics, but otherwise some of the other stuff was distracting. This is just constructive feedback though. Take it or leave it.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Forest pictures are good. I would recommend keeping a very simple background. Your angles on the truck are good, but there is a lot of stuff in the background that takes away from the focus of the shot. I understand the GMC truck was the backdrop for some of the pics, but otherwise some of the other stuff was distracting. This is just constructive feedback though. Take it or leave it.
I will take it! This is my first attempt at a "photo shoot" with any of my trucks that was just for the purpose of trying my photography skills. And once I finish up a crawling course in my yard, I will do more pictures there for that "simpler background" like you stated above. Thanks for the comments!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:51 PM
dezfan

Looks good, how do those MGT (I'm guessing) tires working on the rocks?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: dezfan

Looks good, how do those MGT (I'm guessing) tires working on the rocks?
I personally think they are great, but like any tire, do well on certain surfaces and terrible on others. On abrasive surfaces, they have amazing bite and side hill very well, even with the lack of any sidewall lugs. I am using stock foams, but they allow the tire to flex when needed and support the trucks weight without folding. But on slick rock, they dont do very well at all. Also, on very jagged rock surfaces, they are decent, even on slick type rock that is broken up and jagged, they are decent. But like I stated above, they work best on abrasive rock.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
savvyx

Awsome looking Super man, Here's a pic of mine.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
robbio4422

to be very honest, the truck is beautiful... the backround for the pics where also great... but all the different camera positions kinda hurt my head

now that i look back, when looking at each picture in its own.... you did a great job, i think it was more of just me scanning through them and how they where posted... when posting multiple shots try and focus with one angle for a bit
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
savvyx

ORIGINAL: robbio4422

to be very honest, the truck is beautiful... the backround for the pics where also great... but all the different camera positions kinda hurt my head

now that i look back, when looking at each picture in its own.... you did a great job, i think it was more of just me scanning through them and how they where posted... when posting multiple shots try and focus with one angle for a bit
Well I know you replied to my post but surely your not talking about just my 3 little pics are u? But if you are thanks for the info, I can really use some help on my picture taking skills.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
rccrawlerkid

no naked pic
Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
madmax22

heres mine. post some up in the "crawler pic's" secction! simple backgrounds