Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Areas to roll in West Michigan? (west of GR?)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Areas to roll in West Michigan? (west of GR?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:58 PM
sweli
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Areas to roll in West Michigan? (west of GR?)

I realize there have been role calls before, but I am looking for a slightly different group.

I have a project truck that has had some backyard use, but I want to get out into some more challenging terrain with some other trucks.
It is 1:6-7 scale. Meant to be a crawler, but is only OK at it. (too top heavy with the ABS Rubicon body my kids love).

Anyone in the Holland Michigan area that has some semi-challenging woods/etc that wants to run a bit?

I live out towards Holland State Park and there is a small patch of woods to run in near the fair grounds (bring your dog, there is a great dog park there).

Anyone?

Any better places around? Some rocks?

BTW, if you are looking for some really challenging rocks to crawl on, near downtown Holland, at 1st st and Pine, there is a place called Brewers Docks. Accross the street from there place is a lot they always have a HUGE pile of broken concrete. While they might frown on it being used, Sunday's there is not a sole in sight.

thx
sweli
Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
sweli

Default RE: Holland Michigan (area) Trail Runners Wanted

Anyone.......anyone??

Chime in with any West michigan areas to run at. Rock areas, Gravel pits, etc??

Some areas:
- Brewers Docks (mentioned above), Holland Mi. 49424, corner of 1st st and Pine Ave., Huge pile of broken concrete they are regrinding. Is a place of business, so would only recommend running on Sundays. Open lot, no fences, etc.

- Old gravel pit, Zeeland Mi 49464, Corner of 88th Ave and Frontage Rd. Big sprawling area, sand gravel, not sure abot rocks. Some overgrown grass areas. Have not run there but drove by it and it came recommended.

- Grand Haven State Park, S. Harbor Dr., Grand Haven Mi. Areas of med and large rocks along boardwalk that runs from downtown to state park. Med rock areas start on boardwalk, across S. Harbor Dr. from Butches Beach Burittos (great food). Do not park at Butch's, car will get towed. Can park in very small lot accross from Butch's, any side streets, near or in State Park. Large rocks are between pier parking lot and boardwalk along channel.

Please chime in with areas west of Grand Rapids Mi.

thx
Old 05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
devinbrown07

i line between gr and lansing, but i am just picking up my scorpion rtr next week...and i dont know the holland area...do you know of any comps or lhs that support crawlers....from what i remember riders on 28th street didnt have anything...any help would be awesome...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 PM
sweli

Hi Devin,

LHS in Holland does not know of any groups here. You are also correct about Ryders in GR.

You might read through the tons of pages here. I heard of someone your direction wanting to build a track on their property.
Some meets down in BC and Kzoo area too.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25822

sweli
Old 06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
sweli

A couple more for the list:

Some areas:
- Brewers Docks, Holland, corner of 1st st and Pine Ave., Huge pile of broken concrete they are regrinding. Is a place of business, so would only recommend running on Sundays. Open lot, no fences, etc.

- Old gravel pit, Zeeland, Corner of 88th Ave and Frontage Rd. Big sprawling area, sand gravel, not sure abot rocks. Some overgrown grass areas. Have not run there but drove by it and it came recommended.

- Grand Haven State Park, S. Harbor Dr., Grand Haven Mi. Areas of med and large rocks along boardwalk that runs from downtown to state park. Med rock areas start on boardwalk, across S. Harbor Dr. from Butches Beach Burittos (great food). Do not park at Butch's, car will get towed. Can park in very small lot accross from Butch's, any side streets, near or in State Park. Large rocks are between pier parking lot and boardwalk along channel.

- Mulch and rock supply (not sure if they want people on the property or not), NE corner of Chicago Dr. and Waverly, Holland. They usually have a supply of large rocks in a small area, 15x15,
- Mulch and rock suppliers, West Olive, along US31, one on west side, one on east side somewhere around Port Sheldon rd. Both have 20x20 piles of med sized rocks.

- Cement recycling company, Grand Haven, SW corner of Hayes and US31, South side of Grand Haven. HUGE!! pile of broken concrete to get recycled.
Please chime in with areas west of Grand Rapids Mi.

- SE corner of Waverly and Riley, Holland, Driveway into church, Rocks cemented in place along drain ditch

- Holiday Inn on Felch, Holland, Rocks in drainage/stream area

- Chicago Dr. across from Pontiac/Nissan dealer, Holland, pile of broken cement for regrind

thx
[/quote]