Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

How many motors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Mud
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many motors?

I'm gonna be building my self a crawler from e-maxx parts (front and rear end) getting electronics later on and stuff. But I was wondering how much power is really needed. It's an e-maxx so it runs dual motors like the super crawlers and stuff but I've seen people just running with single motor like an integy 55t. The e-maxx is more of a 1/8 scale size truck compared to the 2.2 crawlers. But I'm not gonna be going for the 40 series wheels and 22in chassis. What I'm gonna probobly do is end up cutting down the a-arms to make it less boxy and I'm gonna run standard size wheels (I like the Imex J hawgs alot, about the size of stock maxx tires, look like theyd be real good for mudding which I also plan to do alot of, that and driving through the creek) So with the truck size I plan for, I think the the single motor will put out enough power. (The one truck with the single integy55t was probobly at least 20in long and was running LST claws on maximizer beadlocks) Just checking this with you guys to see ur opinion on it.
Also the other day I was checking out one of those electric plastic go kart things from the toy store and alls their running is 2 540 size motors, powered by one of those huge batteries, but that suprised me.