Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial electronics

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 PM
CadenceWildBeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial electronics

I am really thinking of getting a artr axial, but have no experience with anything battery powered. I was thinking of just getting the stock motor and esc for it till i get used to that kind of things. Is that a good idea of are they really simple 2 use. let me know what you think and if you have any better ideas.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM
robbio4422

Default RE: Axial electronics

do it... upgrades will hit you fast... once your out driving and breaking you will need to get better parts.... drive it til you break it
Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM
K_B

Default RE: Axial electronics

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean "noob-friendly" or "easy to use". You get what you pay for, so you might as well buy the good stuff now. The Novak Crawler Combo would be a good start. It's their Rooster Crawler ESC and a 55T motor.

Another option would be the Tekin combo. It's their FX-R ESC and a 55T motor; similar to the Novak combo. Both are very easy to setup. One advantage the Tekin ESC has is a drag brake that is more adjustable and the ESC itself is TINY, so it'll fit anywhere. Both combos are also available with different motor winds (55T,45T,35t). I would suggest the 55T to start.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=NOV1842

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=TEKTT2102