Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

tamiya f-350 or the tundra !HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

tamiya f-350 or the tundra !HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 AM
james1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya f-350 or the tundra !HELP!

iam really liking the tamiya tundra and the ford f-350 i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few things i was wondering witch of the two trucks do you think is the better truck? I need some help on the electronics by that i mean what esc and radio should i use. please help with questions. This will be my first build so i could use all the HELP i can get i will also be posting pics and vids along the way!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
hdmm

Default RE: tamiya f-350 or the tundra !HELP!

Both trucks are the same chassis so it comes down to which one that you like the looks of best. For electronics I suggest a Novak ESC Rooster or Rooster Crawler (if you need the drag brake for crawling) and Futaba 4 channel surface radio.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 PM
dezfan

As stated, both trucks are mechanically identical. Ford or Toy is the difference.

As for an ESC, I'm not big on the Novak ESC. I would recommend the Castle Sidewinder. Inexpensive, easily adjustable, allows for higher voltage use, can run brushed or brushless and the drag brake is better. for a transmitter, the Spektrum DX5e is a great choice. It is a 5-channel 2.4GHz DSM2 radio w/ receiver, easy to use control for basic models, includes AR500 5-channel receiver, HI/LO rates, servo reversing, and it's under $100.00.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM
hdmm

ORIGINAL: dezfan

As stated, both trucks are mechanically identical. Ford or Toy is the difference.

As for an ESC, I'm not big on the Novak ESC. I would recommend the Castle Sidewinder. Inexpensive, easily adjustable, allows for higher voltage use, can run brushed or brushless and the drag brake is better. for a transmitter, the Spektrum DX5e is a great choice. It is a 5-channel 2.4GHz DSM2 radio w/ receiver, easy to use control for basic models, includes AR500 5-channel receiver, HI/LO rates, servo reversing, and it's under $100.00.
I may look into that Spektrum for my Hilux, I did'nt know they were that cheap! I don't have any problems with Spektrum radios either, I'm running a DX2.0 in my AX10
Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 AM
james1985

first off thanks for the help so far ok so you said both trucks are the same so 1.do they both have rear stear? 2.as far as the ESC if i get the Castle Sidewinder does it have farward and reverse? 3.If i use the the Spektrum DX5e for my radio and receiver will that work with the MFU? becuase i do plan on getting the MFU down the road. 4. Is this every thing i need to build and run the truck besides batteries? please help me build my truck!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 AM
hdmm

Yes, both trucks can be set up for rear steering although I don't know if you need to purchase any additional parts to do it. ( I have'nt started building my Hilux yet). The Sidewinder can run brushed or Brushless motors and it does have Reverse.