Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

INTEGY IS CHINESE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM
fathead431
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTEGY IS CHINESE!

INTEGY IS CHINESE!
thats right
y'all heard me
integy apparently has a deal with a chinese manufacturer, or is one...
integy's new Irock crawler looks suspiciously similar to

amax toys's rc crawler,
http://www.amax-toys.com/tem/pdie_2105.html

and the one on www.made-in-china.com
http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...er-94880-.html

im suspicious...
anyone else?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
westphill24

Default RE: INTEGY IS CHINESE!

A lot of RC companies get some or all of there parts manufactured in china or one of the surrounding countries.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM
fathead431

yes, but ive never seen traxxas or associated or losi copies....
Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Here is a news flash. A majority of RC products are manufactured in China and Taiwan?! Integy stuff is certainly manufactured in China. I am surprised that you were surprised to be honest.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Here is a news flash. A majority of RC products are manufactured in China and Taiwan?! Integy stuff is certainly manufactured in China. I am surprised that you were surprised to be honest.

X2!!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 AM
fathead431

i know. traxxas is made in taiwan, but it seems integy has bought the rights to a crawler made there and has re branded it as their own.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 AM
K_B

Yes... That's what Integy does. Always has. And like was said, they're not the only ones.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
860Crawler

wow....just..wow...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
grimgard

And this is a bad thing? how? why?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM
GTRice

I have read so many threads that are related to things like these, I got to get this off my chest, everyone better stop saying that this or that company is Chinese, there are some that are Chinese, but some aren't. I'm Chinese, and I'm starting to getting sick of reading threads that are like these.

This is what it really is, many manufactures produce there products in China mostly, but doesn't mean they are Chinese. The manufactures are from mainly U.S. like Integy, they have products that are manufacture in China, they help many popular brands to produce there products in those factories in China, and sometimes a manufacture like Integy for example will take a vehicle that is made in China and is known by "knock off" names in most forums and renamed it to sell it in North America. The one that is in China that is known as "knock off" will be sold throughout Asia, Europe, Australia, etc mostly. This is how mostly "knock offs and brand name companies that they take those "knock off" vehicles and renamed it works. They will be sold for specific countries and allows easy access to them.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 PM
drum_n_man

I don't think anyone is saying Chinese is bad. The point I think MOST people are trying to make (at least I like to think most) is that they are not made in the U.S., they are made in China. The quality of the items are not the fault of the Chinese people, I think the problem lies with the company that is out-sourcing the product. They are obviously driven by cost to produce vs. profit from selling so they use inferior materials to make a higher profit. Any company with this outlook is going to have a bad product, made in China, Japan, U.S., U.K., Canada, Mexico, etc.... If I were in their place I would probably do the same, especially in this economy. As a consumer it sucks but it will never go away. As far as these products being knock offs, wouldn't that make just about everything a knock off? Look at cars. Auto manufacturers didn't magically appear one day they started by taking someones idea and putting a couple of their touches on it. Out sourcing is a fact of life we have to live with, it's keeping the prices of more trusted companies in check (somewhat).
Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I don't have anything against Chinese manufactured products. That would be quite hypocritical as I read the forums on my two Chinese Manufactured monitors, listening to Chinese manufactured speakers and typing on my Chinese manufactured keyboard in my Chinese manufactured chair.

Mad Racer, there was no derogatory comments made about anything Chinese. Someone made an observation that Integy products were made in China and we confirmed that. There was no negativity behind the discussion and no reason to be offended.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Redharris

Everything Mad Racer said is TRUE, but He left a Few things un-said....

1) About the ONLY thing (RC wise) that is Made in America, are some Machine Shop manufactured Hop Up parts from small "Mom n Pop" companies.

2) There MIGHT be a couple items that are ASSEMBLED here, but they are Assembled with parts that are MADE elsewhere. Spektrum Radios is a good example....

3) There is nothing wrong (or Un-American) about buying imported Goods. Most of these Goods are distributed by American Companies, and We share in the Profits, or reap Taxes in the form of Tariffs and Import Duties....

4) There is nothing Inherently Bad about the Quality of Chinese products. Some Companies have Good quality control, (O'Donnel, Traxxas, HPI, OFNA, Losi) and some Companies do NOT,(Exceed, Redcat, Integy, etc...) If you dont like the Quality, then Dont Buy the Product!

5) Why People single out the RC Industry to ***** about this subject, is Beyond Me!....I dont hear anybody Complaining about Cheap Knock Off TELEVISIONS, Microwaves, Car Parts, or Dishes......!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
losifiend

Funny, you cant throw a rock in the average American home without hitting something that is made in China. Thats why they're the #1 ecominic super power in the world.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
The Mad Modder

Oh give it a rest already, people.
While I don't dislike Chinese people, the quality of Chinese products is most certainly become rather poor (due to political reasons which I won't go into). How can you expect high quality from products sold for only a small fraction of similar ones produced in other countries?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Mr.Slave

metal shops in taiwan are just as good if not better than ones in north america.

everyone knows chineese stuff is crap.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 PM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think anyone here has any problems with chinese people, but the products that they make (or copy), then they break and no one can get repro parts for them anymore and theyre stuck with a broke piece of crap.. i know as for me, i try to buy as much quality as i can, which doesnt include chinese made products. some are ok, but most are cheap for a reason!!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
benzy2

Lets be honest. If the Chinese shops were paid the same price as shops that do quality work you would likely get the same quality part. The truth is most Chinese shops are paid absolute bottom dollar and you get what you pay for. A great example of this is in optics. You can get a set of binoculars or a rifle scope with the exact same features as a quality made model yet pay less than 1/4 the price for it. Do you honestly think that is going to be a performer? No, the picture is going to suck and the durability is going to be minimal. Its nobodies fault and it isn't to say anything about the people in that country. The point is we are spending our money and some people want quality even if it means paying a little more. If companies pay bottom dollar to Chinese manufacturers and get a bottom of the barrel product because of that, we as the paying consumer should know what we are getting. I don't see how anything in that is offensive.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: benzy2

Lets be honest. If the Chinese shops were paid the same price as shops that do quality work you would likely get the same quality part. The truth is most Chinese shops are paid absolute bottom dollar and you get what you pay for. A great example of this is in optics. You can get a set of binoculars or a rifle scope with the exact same features as a quality made model yet pay less than 1/4 the price for it. Do you honestly think that is going to be a performer? No, the picture is going to suck and the durability is going to be minimal. Its nobodies fault and it isn't to say anything about the people in that country. The point is we are spending our money and some people want quality even if it means paying a little more. If companies pay bottom dollar to Chinese manufacturers and get a bottom of the barrel product because of that, we as the paying consumer should know what we are getting. I don't see how anything in that is offensive.

thats mostly the point i was trying to get across, you get what you pay for pretty much..
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mad Racer, I definitely understand your sentiment, but know that no one here harbors any racism or dislike of one set of people or another. That sort of thing is not tolerated by RCU and I have seen members very quickly banned for such things.

The sentiment is that some of us prefer that more things are made in the America, if for anything for economical reasons. RCs, TV's whatever. And since this website is about RCs, this is why we are talking about RCs, not telephones, DVD players, bycicles, etc.

Now, Intey has dug themselves into a hole because thet have made bad descisions in their sub contractors to make their parts, which happen to be Chinese, (but the fact they are Chinese is not the issue). It is because these guys made many sub-standard parts for Integy to resell, and the parts simply do not meet up with what stock parts can stand up to. Another sentiment is that people feel that the RC industry is being sucked away from America, and it does not matter if it from china, it can be from any other place and we would still feel the same. Price undercutting, poorer quality, knock-off (illegal cloning) etc. are the issues.

And also, the primary objective of massive quantity and a serious sacrifice to quality is part of the sentiment. If the products were of superior quality, the consumers would be much more forgiving. Also, the news and scare of poisons possibly being in the prodicts, even in RCs, is a concern. The all-out drive for mass profits over customer well being is a cause of this as the materials are cut with less than perfect stuff, and worse, poisons in some cases.

Then there is the economy.

But part of it all is our fault, we American consumers. This is how we failed: We are so intent on satisfying this buy it now mentality instead of saving up and buying something that is worthwhile. With that mentality, we drive the quality makers to go out of business or worse, to outsource. And thus, their employees are out of jobs now. And this is exactly what happened to the RC industry. Losi, Associated, Traxxas, and maybe even HPI had to go to china and taiwan to manufacture because of costs. Integy has been around for years, and I would not be surprised that they too were put into this boat, but they went to the other extreme and reduced their manufacturing and quality controls way too much, thus why many of their products are worse than the stock parts. I would love to see AE made in America again. They were once made in america. Traxxas is based somewhere in Texas, and I would love to see them bring back their RC manufacturing to america. Same with Losi, Novak, and so on.

What am I saying? If there is an american product, go ahead and put off buying the cheaper made in china RC and save up for the american one. By doing so, you will get a better RC, and furthermore, you will keep SOME RCs in america, and most of all, you are keeping some Americans working. Its sad, the only RC I can think of that is made in america or mostly made in America is the ODonnel Z01 buggy. It is expensive too, $600 I think.
But just because there isnt an american RC does not mean we cannot buy American. Seek out American tools. I have resorted to buying Craftsman, Mac Tools, Snap-on, and use them even on my RCs. They are mostly american made, and they are actually much more durable than taiwanese or chinese made tools. Furthermore, these tools have a lifetime warranty where the otherones do not. When the cheap ones break, you are screwd. And that is how they get you, you have to buy another one.
By we, the consumers, demandng made in America, and actually buying made in america, we can bring back RC manufacturing to America. We need to practice spending discipline and hold off on buying the cheap RCs. And of course, jobs are created, and eventually, once the RC companies have had time to recover their initial costs to make in America, their prices will come down, they can expaned, hire more Americans, and so on. And his extrapolates to ALL products, RCs, TVs, car parts, dishwashers, etc.

By Buying American, you could be saving your own job.

Just so everyone knows, I have absolutely nothing wrong with the Chinese. As a matter of fact, China is full of very rich and diverse culture. And anyone who is willing to learn about Chinese history will be mesmorized for hours in fascination at just how wonderful chinese history and Chinese culture is. There is so much in their culture as chinese cultre spans a vary wide area of Asia. Not only that, there is so much in the modern world that was actualy done many centuries before by the ancient chinese. The ancient Chinese were actually a very techologically advanced civilization for their time.
Also, I admit I am an absolute nerd for saying this, but I totally love kungfu and the classic martial arts movies, which were spawnd by notable chinese actors and martial artists. Bruce Lee is one of my favorites, and if it were not for him, notable martial arts actors of today would not be where they are. Chuck Norris is one of them, and Bruce Lee got him some serious exposure. Even the basket ball player, Karreem Abdul Jabbar was brought into the public as a martial artist by Bruce Lee. So, if ChuckNorris is superman, Bruce Lee is Zues!
And not only that, the early pioneering of martial arts movies have brought other notable and very famous Chinese martial arts actors of today. Jet Li and Jackie Chan are examples of martial artists who benefitted from what Bruce Lee has done to bring martial arts movies to the rest of the world.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
GTRice

Lol, yeah, I know, just kind of lost it, my apologies, sorry. Integy is probably Chinese and American company (Integy's headquarters is located in the U.S.). It's just that today's RC Brands don't have the demand to get countries to produce there products like in America like what you said or Japan (only Tamiya and few Kyosho products are made in Japan), due to the fact that it's very costy to produce products within those countries in order to get the best quality. Most products are made in China and Taiwan, quality not bad, but they don't come close to the quality made in Japan, America or probably Korea. Team Associated products were once made in America I believe, until years ago, Thunder Tiger bought them and now starting to make all there products in China. But AE is still a American company still, since there headquarters are still located in the U.S. There quality is still ok, never went down by much.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:16 PM
jt_2_5

With all that being said. Has anyone heard anything about the IRock. Is it going to be a good rig to start out with? I have kinda been waiting for it to come out.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Papa Jay

Read the subject, why you choose to used that
you make all Chinese products are junk.

Made by Chinese or made in China?
Made by Chinese = bad???
believe it or not, 90% inside your computer are from Taiwan, Chinese too.
not mention in your household.

you can choose for more appropriate subject.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
secretsg

ORIGINAL: fathead431

INTEGY IS CHINESE!
thats right
y'all heard me
integy apparently has a deal with a chinese manufacturer, or is one...
integy's new Irock crawler looks suspiciously similar to

amax toys's rc crawler,
http://www.amax-toys.com/tem/pdie_2105.html

and the one on www.made-in-china.com
http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...er-94880-.html

im suspicious...
anyone else?
News flash! 90% of all RC products come from China/Taiwan!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
MORNINGSTAR

dude china rules!!!! (the food is great too!)

some things are, yea, not very durable. yet others are no different quality wise.

if you want to buy american products, made in america, go to the dollar store.

the only ill aspect of those chinease products IMHO, is the delayed shipping. lol

primarily "made in america" means that it was assembled here, and not much else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.