Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Hilux Body on SCX10?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hilux Body on SCX10?

Quick question I saw a Hilux body on an SCX10 chassis wondering if the wheel wells will match up...cab and head attached btw

Also how would you mount it? Just drill holes into the ABS plastic and clip it to the vertical mounts?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Hilux Body on SCX10?

You'd probably have to shorten the wheelbase a bit, unless you plan on doing the heavily lifted look. The WB of high lift bodies are about 1/2 inch shorter thna the wb of the scx10.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
adale4130

I see alot of nice Hilux scx's being built.. Use the cab, with a custom truggy or flatbed rear, looks fantastic[sm=thumbs_up.gif].. Thats what i plan to do once i get an scx.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Suprachrgd82

If you keep a 4-link suspension, you can adjust the wheelbase. TCS delrin leaf spring will make the wheelbase about 1/3" too short.

The axles are very wide for the Hilux body, and the wheels will protrude from the fenders.