Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

has any one seen the new crawler on ebay?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

has any one seen the new crawler on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 PM
barndog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any one seen the new crawler on ebay?

there is a new one with a alum chassis rtr and metal wheels i think its called the komodo by power racing.any info on the electronics.the guy selling them says they are new and great and they sell alot at their hobby shop.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: has any one seen the new crawler on ebay?

ORIGINAL: barndog

there is a new one with a alum chassis rtr and metal wheels i think its called the komodo by power racing.any info on the electronics.the guy selling them says they are new and great and they sell alot at their hobby shop.

Do you have a link to the crawler? I would stay away from anything that you can't get parts for at your LHS.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
barndog
My Feedback: (1)

sorry i dont but i did email him back about parts and what kind of components they use.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I would stay away from anything that you can't get parts for at your LHS.
+1
The only RC related items I could find on e-bay were some 1/10 and 1/16 buggies and a handfull of replacement parts. I'd wager it'll be harder to get replacements for than even a redcat/himoto/exceed.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

That rig was ripped a new A-hole on RCC for basically "stealing" all the ideas from another semi-well known RC company that makes scale frames. Consensus on RCC was that it is a pile! Our friend that used to frequent this site(no names mentioned) was banned from their walk-in store in the Bay Area for making comments on the board after he visited them and saw this Truck....Its an ugly thread, but i'll get you the link.....lol

Z
Old 12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

[link=http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204045&highlight=Komodo]Komodo link on RCC[/link]....Starts to get good and heated at post #50
Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

It is funny that people get so heated about copies of other peoples stuff, but they will still run a glow motor that is a ripoff from Duke Foxes original designs, any glow motor, glow plug is a rip off of Fox and they still run those, but complain about coupes.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: GmanBill

It is funny that people get so heated about copies of other peoples stuff, but they will still run a glow motor that is a ripoff from Duke Foxes original designs, any glow motor, glow plug is a rip off of Fox and they still run those, but complain about coupes.
Ah yes, the classic justification though made up hypocrisy excuse. Pretty much like saying the wheels on your car are a rip-off from the guy who invented the wheel, and anyone who uses those is a hypocrite for being opposed to knock-off products. It's one thing to imitate someone else's design or invention, but copying it exactly how it is, I see as being more like a form of plagiarism.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
zman5000

the japs have been doing it for 40 years, same as all the rest we let them do it!