Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Irock crawlers?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
dudecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irock crawlers?

I just talked to a guy on craigslist and he has a 1/8 crawler made by irock? He wanted $200 but i talked him down to $150. So is it worth the $150 and where do you get parts for them?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Irock crawlers?

You realize, now that you talked him down you are committed to buy it!!

but its made by integy so you can get stuff for it but not sure integy has replacement parts for it. You might wanna contact them to see if you can get replacement parts.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM
dudecat

Nah that is what we agreed if i decided to buy it. I have not committed to it yet. I have to sell some rc's to get it. Thanks for the info i will have to contact them i guess.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay away from anything made by Integy.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
duck660

I am a newbie to crawling. I was looking at Integy 1:10 scale 4WS model and the Redcat 1:10 scale. Your opinion and insight would be appreciated before I take the plunge. Any recommendations for a beginner? I have about a $350 (wife imposed)budget to get started. thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 12:15 AM
wyorockcrazy

ORIGINAL: duck660

I am a newbie to crawling. I was looking at Integy 1:10 scale 4WS model and the Redcat 1:10 scale. Your opinion and insight would be appreciated before I take the plunge. Any recommendations for a beginner? I have about a $350 (wife imposed)budget to get started. thanks
Im new to crawling to, but it seems like the best name everybody is talking about is Axial, and from what ive researched it looks like parts for these are endless. I just took the plunge on a Redcat super rockslide 1/8 scale, $235(should have it any day now), spent alot of time searching on what to buy and pretty sure you could get and axial ready to run (rtr) for that price
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
duck660

Thanks wyorockcrawler. I agree that axial seems to get the most favorable posts. Seems like lots of good stuff out there. I may do what you did and be done... or just beginning. Give me an update when you get the redcat. I am curious.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 PM
wyorockcrazy

got rockslide today, couldnt hardly wait for battery to charge but i resisted temptation for about 3 hrs anyway. hooked them up and had alot of fun for about 10 min. then all the sudden i could tell front steering was not working, super bummed. took apart steering servo found metal gears and seemed to be fine, put back together and it was working agian, woo hoo! battery went dead shortly after. seems to crawl any thing, Freind of mine has rs10 and he brought it over but they are on same frequency, not so cool. rs 10 still impressive but no match, mine dwarfs it by far. batteries in rs10 seem to last for ever and ever. was just driving it and steering screwed up agian!!!! very irratating, havent tried to fix it again yet, but aim about to. can hear servo working in there but nothing is happening. maybe i can find some help on here.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Pick the truck up and try to run the steering. If the steering works fine with zero load then I would have to bet that you need to install an external BEC. The stock ESC's internal BEC does not have enough voltage output to properly feed the servo for that giant crawler. You need to do a bit of soldering, but it is well worth it. I am running 4WS on my truck and the servos were dogging out like that with the stock bec...Now that i have the external BEC wired in, the servos power though most anything. Its a voltage supply thing. I get a constant 6 volts per servo now instead of the chunky 4.8v that is unreliable. You need to make sure how much voltage your servo can handle first. Do not supply 6v to a servo that can't handle it.

Its a little bit of a process, but well worth it.

If you pick the truck up and the problem is still there, you most likely need to get a new servo. I am not sure how much torque the stock servos have, but i bet it ain't enough! For that truck, you should have at least 250-300 oz torque servos i would imagine???

There are many posts on RCU on how to wire up an external BEC. If you need further help, I will repost or find a thread for you to use as reference....

Good Luck,

Z
Old 12-19-2009, 04:32 PM
dudecat

I decided to not buy it. I have way to many rc's at my house and i am trying to get rid of some to fix some i have.