Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

My first crawler, modded AX10, Please see pics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

My first crawler, modded AX10, Please see pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
yannicksjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first crawler, modded AX10, Please see pics

So over the last couple weeks i've been considering getting a crawler or a tarxxas summit. I was definatley leaning towards the summit but this kinda fell into my lap on a trade (plus i'm sure its hard to find summits on trades). I got it yesterday and have only ran a few packs through but love it already! having never actually tried or seen a crawler for real (only you tube) i was surprisingly impressed on what this thing could handle. Its a slightly modded AX10 with a diffrent chassis (i was told its a tuber TCS edge chassis with stainless panels), Rockster 2.2 beadlocks with memory foam that was "star cut", battery/ servo tray up front with custom linkage, bend chassis linkage and set up as "DROOP" (which i just learned what that meant yesterday, lol). The motor and ESC are stock but if i decided to keep it will be upgraded to the novak system. I love the look of this truck and the way it handkles so far but know nothing about crawling. I was told the way it is set up has its ups and downs but overall a better crawl. I'm guessing by having more weight in the front (battery) gives more torque on the front end to pull it up and having the droop set up gives it a lower center of gravity with less chance of tumbling over BUT less clearance?? Thanks for looking!

BTW: Not new to rc, just new to crawling (i'm a Nitro guy!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64667.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1412005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71278.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1412006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93011.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1412007  
Old 04-15-2010, 05:18 PM
NORCALLUMP

Default RE: My first crawler, modded AX10, Please see pics

its is a good start!! With more power and a good esc it makes a difference.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: My first crawler, modded AX10, Please see pics

Very good start, and welcome to the world of going slow and having to think about your next move instead of going fast and turning.