Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

G-Made R1 Rock Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
grimgard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-Made R1 Rock Buggy

Man the new G-Made R1 looks sweet! Looks like its well made and Junfac has them for $250- $305 Anyways looks better than Axials new MOA the body on the Axial looks like something from Halo [:'(] I know performence is what you want and from what I have been reading people are happy with there G-made R1's

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5eHXYo8U4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58897.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1434318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89296.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1434319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33863.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1434320  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G-Made R1 Rock Buggy

indeed, the r1 looks great and the few people i know who have one are very impressed.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

I have never been a big MOA fan anyway, the more choices that come out with a center tranny the happier I am, G-Made has been doing some real quality crawlers for a while now and they have some great ideas. There guys are crawlers and love what they do, they don't release a product unless they have done a bunch of R&D not like the other companies that just throw stuff out there with out much testing or carp products that can't hold up to real use.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to resurrect this. Can someone tell me what this car is actually for? The thing is it's not a very competent crawler, it's not a scaler, and it doesn't bash that well either (as you can see from this video). So, er, what DOES it do well? This isn't an attack, I'm genuinely curious what I'm missing and why people think it's so great, please enlighten me
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
K_B

I'd put it in the same category as Axial's new Wraith. Not a hardcore crawler; just something to have fun with; a basher. For what it's worth, I've seen high-end racecars not "race" very well; mainly because of the nut behind the wheel (me).

I like the looks of this better than the Wraith, but lack of parts support here in the US would be a problem. I had thought about using those nifty portal axles on a scale Jeep build at one point. In all honesty, I don't think this thing has very wide appeal. Mainly because of parts support and possible durability issues.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
rcrun

The Gmade name is growing in the US and for that reason RCRUN.com is now the Gmade master distrubtor for Gmade rock crawlers, replacement and hopup parts in the US. Whatever you guys want from Gmade we have it in stock, at the best price and shipping from the US.

Please feel free to send any questions, comments, etc. my way.

Here are a couple shots of a stock Gmade R1 freshly built and put together with some of my extra parts. That's what is great; you can get one of these great kits built and up and running with just about any motor/esc/servo/radio combo you want. When you want to get serious you can throw in a Castle or Tekin setup and you are ready to rock.

Oh, and the Gmade R1 is made with much better quality parts than the new Axial Wraith. I was excited about it, but I just got to check one of them out. It looks cool, but sadly it is very cheaply made.