Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Best tires???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
jrowles91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires???

I'm converting my E-Maxx to a crawler, and want to know if the Summit tires are a good crawling tire. They fit right up, so I figured they'd be a good match up. I'm fairly new to crawling and wanted some experienced input. I am going to be using the E-Maxx 3906, and will not be changing that, so please don't recommend a more fitting truck. I want two of the same trucks that do one extreme to the other and I've already got my E-Maxx 3905 with the MMM fitted. Any help is appreciated!!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Best tires???

There are a bunch of 40 size tires out there that fit the Summit rim, there are also a large number of rims out there. I have found that the HB (Hot Bodies = HPI) tires in the white dot are great if you live in a warmer climate, if you are in a sub 80 degree climate the pink dot (super soft) compounds are the bomb but rip the side wall out if you are in a warmer climate.
Check out tires and rims at the different places, RC Planet, TCS (the crawler store) RCP Crawlers, RCCrawler, etc. and find what you think you might want, there are a lot of choices.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
jrowles91

excellent. thanks for the insight!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
calvino

Good tires, that are real popular in crawler land are:
Hot Bodies Rovers, whites are good all around (soft) and blue's are good in real hot weather I hear since the White's can actually wad up and create a boatload of issues if your using the stock foams [&:]
Hot Bodies Sedonas, these things are pushing Rovers out of the top spot ([X(]) I haven't run them but their aggressive tread pattern looks insanely nice for grip [X(]
Panther Leopards, these have an interesting "x" pattern, they seem like a good tire but most people complain that you have to wear them almost all down before they can really perform.

Just remember that no two tires work for everyone, on every rig, in every condition so find something that seems to fit what you need and go from there [8D]
Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
jrowles91

I actually just bought some Summit wheels and tires. I'll see how they work then try other compound tires.