RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   opinions about the new scx10 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/11629780-opinions-about-new-scx10.html)

RustedRC 05-25-2016 03:40 PM

opinions about the new scx10

Hey guys maybe you already know but axial has put out a new scx10. i read that it has the chassis mounted servo and finally some more steering. i sure wouldn't mind picking one up. it has a few more goodies so go read up about and tell me what you think.
The jeep body the big squid has looks awesome. only because it reminds me of the one i had(the whole jeep not just the body) which was also awesome.

Mike Flea 05-25-2016 06:40 PM

Looks good, they finally put together an rtr with everything on it already, that the consumer would pay extra for, and the price doesn't look bad either.

mattster1971 05-26-2016 10:59 AM

I see a lot of additions which I like, a real jeep body which I like, and many upgrades included which I LOVE. is it using the same axles? They say ar44? is that a different axle? I just hate to have to build a whole new spare parts inventory if everything has changed.

Mike Flea 05-26-2016 04:41 PM

The AR44 is a new axle, go to their website, they put the new Jeep up. The AR44 looks like a narrowed Wraith axle.

RustedRC 05-27-2016 03:22 AM

I watched the video on axial's site and it looks to perform pretty well. the turning radius is no ascender but has improved a lot. i'm going to keep my eye out for a review.

SyCo_VeNoM 05-28-2016 01:52 PM

hmm interesting don't look far off my current vehicle (98 grand cherokee) as I was looking for a jeep body for my scx10
bummer it uses narrower axles though

RustedRC 05-29-2016 07:26 AM

The narrow axle is a let down even though it narrowed a small amount on this scale your probably going to notice a difference. the pumpkin is smaller and more scale looking which is nice and the red diff cover adds to the eye appeal.
Adjustable wheelbase so almost any 1/10 body could fit.
But with all the new features and cool looking parts the part that i'm not a fan of it the front is only a 3 link setup. my honcho and even my ascender i 4 linked in the front. i just think it works better.
All in all IMO there is more good than bad with the new scx10 and we all know the DIY'ers will over come any short comings that are found along the way. we all have seen the aftermarket support that follows axial so i'd look out for upgrades to be out soon after it hits trails and work benches of trail/crawler fans.

KID_EVIL! 06-04-2016 04:47 AM

So at a quick glance it looks like the axles are the same as the original ax10 axles in length. But less bulky...... I have an ax10 scorpion kit which I added wideners from rc4wd I think. uummmm 5/8" on each side, 1 1/4" over all. That gave me about 15% more steering. I can't really comment on a comparison because I haven't owned a scx10. But with all the bolt on options for the axial trucks I think they are all awesome :D. And as for the jeep body....LMAO.. I am a ford guy.

til later guys.

KID EVIL!