RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Where did everyone go?????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/11689094-where-did-everyone-go.html)

stevep101 04-02-2021 06:50 PM

Where did everyone go??????

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first crawler and it seems that whole scene is dead. I don't see any upcoming events coming (anywhere near me at least). Has the Rona ruined the hobby?

rgburrill 04-03-2021 03:03 AM

Half a million people died in the US (3rd highest killer behind heart disease and cancer), nearly three million in the world and you call it Rona. And think it might have destroyed your precious hobby. It's that callous thinking that caused it to be so high in the United States.

JulliPolas 04-03-2021 01:29 PM

The hobby is still here. You can buy parts, build trucks and trail them...Don't know about USA but my country is in lockdown so I can be fined if police catch me outside the house for anything non-essential...You can walk or run but in your area. Even mountain roads are patrolled

stevep101 04-03-2021 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rgburrill (Post 12671491)
Half a million people died in the US (3rd highest killer behind heart disease and cancer), nearly three million in the world and you call it Rona. And think it might have destroyed your precious hobby. It's that callous thinking that caused it to be so high in the United States.

"Rona" being short for "Corona". Dont be an ass. Im well aware of whats going on in the world. I was referring to the fact that most posts of events are from a few years back at the least. People like you are the ones who keep others from getting into these hobbies. I guess its true thats theres one in every bunch...now ****H!!

stevep101 04-03-2021 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JulliPolas (Post 12671571)
The hobby is still here. You can buy parts, build trucks and trail them...Don't know about USA but my country is in lockdown so I can be fined if police catch me outside the house for anything non-essential...You can walk or run but in your area. Even mountain roads are patrolled

As I replied to the rude guy....most events ive seen posted were from a few years back or more. Its like everyone just dropped off the Earth .Thanks for the decent response.

JulliPolas 04-03-2021 02:59 PM

If you're talking about the forums, forget it...everything is on social media,unfortunately.... instant feedback and likes are a trade-off for organized information like build threads

stevep101 04-03-2021 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by JulliPolas (Post 12671586)
If you're talking about the forums, forget it...everything is on social media,unfortunately.... instant feedback and likes are a trade-off for organized information like build threads

Now that makes total sense. Thanks a bunch! I'll see what i can find there.

LosTxSouL94 05-26-2021 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by stevep101 (Post 12671580)
"Rona" being short for "Corona". Dont be an ass. Im well aware of whats going on in the world. I was referring to the fact that most posts of events are from a few years back at the least. People like you are the ones who keep others from getting into these hobbies. I guess its true thats theres one in every bunch...now ****H!!

dont mind him. he's always like that. feels the need to be "up him self" high and mighty for no real reason. forget he exists. the pandemic has shut everything down as of late obviously. im sure people have bought them but aren't going outside as much. though countries starting to get their act together and the vaccines starting to roll out, im sure you'll start to see events start to pop up soon.

sailorjerry 06-20-2021 08:09 PM

lets be nice