RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Dirt Demon or X Factor? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/3083838-dirt-demon-x-factor.html)

FROGMAN524 06-17-2005 03:02 PM

Dirt Demon or X Factor?

Hy, which one of these trucks would do best rock crawling, maybe the Dirt Demon with all the power and 7" tires. What do you think the pros and cons of these trucks are? Thanks, Frogman.

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-17-2005 10:33 PM

RE: Dirt Demon or X Factor?

i have an x factor but if you want a real good crawler go with a clod

you can upgrade the tires on the x factor ato 7 inches or more

FROGMAN524 06-19-2005 04:56 PM

How does the x-factor do in the rocks?

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-20-2005 08:36 PM

with locked axles it will do well sofen the suspension change tires and its possible to make t over some rocks

FROGMAN524 06-21-2005 01:42 PM

I am also looking at a savage ss 4.6 kit, what do you think, where can I get some locking axles or differentials? Thanks, Frogman.

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-22-2005 12:56 AM

um my frind jb can do th x factor axles

jb weld

and the vage ss is independant suspension if you want a god crawler streight axle 4 link

WillRRoberts 06-28-2005 03:59 AM

nitros suck for crawler period

Ahab 06-28-2005 06:26 AM

What Will said!

there is a review of the X-Factor on RCU (in the magazine section). There is a vid of it on there too.

on the vid the guy tries to climb over a pile of rocks - it doesnt look good! and in theory the X-factor should be one of the best Nitro Crawlers out there but it makes that little pile of rocks look like very hard work!

Nitro engines are air cooled so without a good few MPH of breeze flowing over the cooling head the engine will cook its self in minutes. Crawlers rarely go more than 3-4mph, so you are never going to have enough cooling (unless you rig up liquid cooling somehow) - and as well as that, the physics of power delivery on Nitros mean that by the time the clutch engages you have too much engine speed, so on a steep incline you are very likely to flip over backwards when the power kicks in.

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-28-2005 11:34 AM

no i have my x factor clutch engaged all the time for rock crwling and thinking of goiong with a water cooled marine 21 engine

RC RAC3R 06-28-2005 02:36 PM

NITRO[:'(] = RACING/BASHING (no such thing as a succesful nitro crawler)

CRAWLERS=ELECTRIC.. no substitutions !

nitromacguyver 06-30-2005 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: madman 3000

no i have my x factor clutch engaged all the time for rock crwling and thinking of goiong with a water cooled marine 21 engine
how do you have the clutch engaged all the time? and can you start it by pushing it along the ground?

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-30-2005 07:11 PM

i have a x factor clutch but an hpi clutch bell so it fits so tight i havent ried that pushing it can start it like jumping the clutch on a real car

jakjr 06-30-2005 11:14 PM

So theirs no idle, you just always keep the brakes on?

Seems like that would be bad for the engine.

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-30-2005 11:45 PM

ni it idles real low and some time it just dosent stop so i have the bracks set so the car dosent move whene its stoped