RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Will my T-MAXX Crawl?, I'm kinda new to crawling (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/3471619-will-my-t-maxx-crawl-im-kinda-new-crawling.html)

Vertical3-D 10-19-2005 09:12 PM

Will my T-MAXX Crawl?, I'm kinda new to crawling

Now when I say I am new to crawling, I mean I have never had a crawling truck, I do know a decent amount about it though. And I know that while a solid axel truck would be better, Im only looking to be able to do some mild crawling for fun. I have a used Tmaxx 2.5 on its way( my second maxx, sold one i had years ago and wanted another)so what I have so far is this...all this stuff is either on the way or will be eventually. first off of course maximizer beadlocks, and Imex K-Rock tires.(i will trim the inserts to soften them up). I have a 18 tooth clutch bell for a bit lower gearing but not much. a 3 shoe clutch for a bit better grab. gonna go with aluminum chassis braces and full length aluminum skid plates. and to get some posi action I will probablly go with heavy diff fluid or maybe try to pack the diff with grease. I would lock them but I am only building a nice sport truck and plan on going on and off asphalt, grass, dirt, gravel. so it would cause damage. I think it will do fine, if you havent seen the revo rocks project at www.traxxas.com then you should look at it and the video. pretty awesome for independent suspension.

jakjr 10-19-2005 10:33 PM

RE: Will my T-MAXX Crawl?, I'm kinda new to crawling

You can get over some smaller rocks with it, but it's not really going to be able to "crawl" over them due to the limitations of the power system.

I wouldn't expect it to go over much more than a pile 6" or so diameter rocks. The high COG is going to make it flip over if you try to go over anything much larger than that, or it's just going to stuck.

I've tried crawling over stuff my T-maxx and it's just a big joke compared to what my Clod can do (and it's not even set up for crawling).

Vertical3-D 10-20-2005 05:24 PM

Yeah, but pile of six inch rocks is fine, I understand it has limits but its not gonna just crawl, and the clod wont do 40 or launch up a big dirt hill and grab huge air. dont take this wrong i love clods but have never had one, Im a fan of vintage tamiya stuff, almost bullet proof. thanks for the help

jakjr 10-20-2005 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

and the clod wont do 40 or launch up a big dirt hill and grab huge air.
A stock one might not, but mine can ;) Though right now it only hits 20mph with the slow motors I have in it.

Vertical3-D 10-20-2005 09:40 PM

I'd be willing to put a slightly tweaked maxx up against it on general offroading, j/k...that a nice truck, like I said I like the tamiya stuff. If I built a ground up truck though I'd got txt-1 with a emaxx gearbox and a singal novak brushless motor. Not that I have that kinda cash or anything but if i did and wanted an electric montser thats what I'd do. When I get my truck done Ill post a pic. going with a proline early 50's chevy pickup body, black with a few internal decals and some blue ghost flames done with parma changing paints, faschange i believe. then a set of maximizer x-75 beadlocks(which are blue) and the Imex K-ROCK tires, also an ace racing outlaw pipe, so it sounds like a monster. oh and RPM chrome bumpers. I think it should look real good.