RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Rock Crawling Concept Parts? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/3524095-rock-crawling-concept-parts.html)

Platinum_Racing 11-05-2005 02:07 PM

Rock Crawling Concept Parts?

I am from Team Platinum Racing (As you have probably guessed! :D) and I was wondering what kind of Clodbuster or Juggernaut upgrades would be popular. We currently make 1/8" 6061 T6 Sideplates, U-Bolt Brackets, and Shock Mounts for the Juggernaut, but we are looking into expanding our rock crawling lineup to include some other parts. We deal largely in 1/8" and 3/16" aluminum, so if you have an idea please specify what thickness you think it should be made out of. Please keep in mind weight, size, screw length, force transferance, load bearing parts, and strength. Anything you guys can come up with would be a great help. Next up should be a motor mount for a Juggernaut, but I'm not too sure. For more information on our current parts lineup, go to [link]www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/JuggernautParts.html[/link].

Daveyboy2oo1 11-05-2005 03:27 PM

RE: Rock Crawling Concept Parts?

1 Attachment(s)
Cool.. things that might sell........ I would think mostly about the TLT, Clod, TXT. Twin Force. I would look into Wheel adapters( not Wideners), a bolt on RockRing that can accommodate Larger tires, Servo mounts(regular & 1/4 scale, Tranny mounts, Link mounts, anything that toughens axles especially Clod Axles. There is alot of interest in 40 series wheels and 23mm hubs(Moab tires and Commando wheels). A custom Tranny would sell like hotcakes, I just got done making a custom tranny with "Counter Rotational" outputs which Eliminates "Torque twist", and there is alot of interest. Here's a look into the Future....... my Forward Tranny, High Clearance, Twin Force

Hope this helps

Daveyboy2oo1 11-05-2005 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a simple set of Tranny mounts that makes the Emaxx tranny fit in everything

Daveyboy2oo1 11-05-2005 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the best Pic I have of a simple Clod servo mount

Daveyboy2oo1 11-05-2005 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh and some Aftermarket Parts for those "Walmart" Nylint Crawlers would make you guys Freakin Rich right about now ;)

Platinum_Racing 11-05-2005 11:35 PM

Wow! That is a bit above and beyond I would say! I love the suggestions, so keep em' coming!

I will make sure to copy this thread somewhere so we can keep note on what you guys are looking for.

supernova803 11-08-2005 08:53 PM

rod ends are always a big seller. Aslo, if you manufactured wheels that were already narrowed, that would be a hit too.

lilcurtis 11-09-2005 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: supernova803

Aslo, if you manufactured wheels that were already narrowed, that would be a hit too.
especially if they were for pro-line moabs that fit a stock 14mm hex.../drool

Platinum_Racing 11-09-2005 11:43 PM

Wow...looks like the crawling world is very particular! Keep em' coming! I'm still copying and pasting all this great info so we can discuss some new items.