Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Sail servo arm rigging

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Sail servo arm rigging

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Rider/Writer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail servo arm rigging

I am installing a Hi Tec HS-815BB sail servo in an old reconditioned Victor America 3. This servo comes with a long "sail arm" that attaches to the servo at one end and has two small holes in the other end for routing the sheet line. I would like to find a standard sail arm with rigging holes and/or pulleys on both ends and that mounts to the servo more or less in the center of the arm. I would prefer to buy one rather than fabricate one myself. My net searching has so far been in vain, can anyone steer me to a source?
Thanks,
Bob Pi.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sail servo arm rigging

Outside hole is for the mainsail while the inside hole is for the jib sail. You will need to put an eyelet on the back where your servo horn will end up when your sails are full out. you will need to loop the Jib sheet line to that loop before it goes out to your Jib boom.

Some Vic owner have both sheet lines go out the back onto the deck where either lines goes through an eyelet or pulley block set on deck bythe transom.