Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

New Seawind RTR release planned for late summer-

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

New Seawind RTR release planned for late summer-

Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 AM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seawind RTR release planned for late summer-

New Seawind RTR release planned for late summer

[HR][/HR] According to a Kyosho internal product bulletin they are re-launching their Seawind in August - this time as an RTR not as a Kit. I posted a copy of the product bulletin below. Nice graphics! Wonder what other changes they made?
Here is a link to the factory web page with some better images and details.http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/SEAWIND...T_p_22749.html

Boomer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130701-085.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1909525   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130701-088.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	1909526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seawind press release.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1909527  
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
GLX

Nice visually - I know they could improve boat handling with a bigger rudder, a dipper and slightly heavier bulb which would improve the righting moment.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 PM
boomer1

Originally Posted by GLX
Nice visually - I know they could improve boat handling with a bigger rudder, a dipper and slightly heavier bulb which would improve the righting moment.
As nice as that would be, it would effect the "One Design Class" status the boat enjoys. Here in the states the AMYA rules prohibit such modifications. That is not to suggest that most boats sold end up racing in some official setting. They don't. The vast majority are sailed "socially" rather than in organized settings. Franky, the boat really sails pretty well as is, but would certainly benefit from a larger rudder and a tad more ballast - even a little weight in the aft end of the boat helps out. I am on my second Seawind - the first was a Carbon Fiber Edition. Sold it after determining other than it looking really nice, there was no noticeable difference in how it sailed compared to the ABS version, which is what I have now.

I am happy they are bringing the boat back and know a number of people that will be buying one as soon as they are ready. Like to see the Nirvana return to the market place as well.

Boomer
[h=1][/h]
Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

I bought a Seawind kit back in the 90's when I lived in Toledo, OH. I painted the hull as, "Dorothy" or as some know it,
The Mermaid". I had had -0- experience sailing anything but the Seawind was gentle and very forgiving as I learned to tack and avoid beginner's mistakes. I eventually sold her to a fella in Dallas, TX who owned several other Seawinds. He boiught her cause he liked my hull graphics, LOL. Truth be told, I'd like another KIT. Don't care much for ARF airplanes, either, LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
boomer1

Kyosho received a very small number of new Seawind RTRs. They are all spoken for. I am advised they are expecting a "stock" order to arrive mid March that should be a more realistic quantiy. They are posted on their website http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/SEAWIND...T_p_22749.html for $357.99 plus shipping and any applicable sales tax. That seems reasonable considering what they used to get for their kit versions. These are terrific all around boats and have stood the test of time. Lots of clubs race them and many are still used simiply as recreational sailors. A good choice for new comers and senior sailors alike.
As of today their website states "not for sale" or not available. I was told someone has listed them on E-bay for $599.00. Maybe that guy got the first shippment? Don't think I'd pay that much for one.
Boomer

Part Number 40462B new boat has water proof servos - nice touch! Here's a video that provides a nice look at the new boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnFdw4amudE

Last edited by boomer1; 02-12-2014 at 09:14 AM.