Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Refurbish old RC sailbot

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Refurbish old RC sailbot

Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Askwersky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refurbish old RC sailbot

I have an old 1M Soling RC sailboat with the airtronics Tx/RX and long arm sail winch.
Is it possible to refit these with newer RC electronics?
I think these are old AM basemen RC. Are the old servos compatible with new Rx/Tx?
Adam
Old 05-22-2018, 12:39 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Refit with new. No problems.
Compatibility. Depends on just how old the old electronics is. Some manufacturers liked to be "different" by having the leads in a different order and/or different shaped plugs. As long as the servo leads are in the right order, have the right spacing and are designed to fit on pins, the only problem might be that the plugs might need a bit of plastic moulding trimming off.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:29 AM
JohnWay22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfr02
Refit with new. No problems.
Compatibility. Depends on just how old the old electronics is. Some manufacturers liked to be "different" by having the leads in a different order and/or different shaped plugs. As long as the servo leads are in the right order, have the right spacing and are designed to fit on pins, the only problem might be that the plugs might need a bit of plastic moulding trimming off.
I agree with you