Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Detailed photos of rigging lines on a Nirvana II

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Detailed photos of rigging lines on a Nirvana II

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 06:20 PM
PWsNirvana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Detailed photos of rigging lines on a Nirvana II

I just joined this forum and have removed the cobwebs from my Nirvana II after about 12 years. I had problems with control response and thought I'd have to replace the receiver. Megatech had sent a new radio set (FM 86, 79.910 Mhz) to me shortly after my buying the boat, as they said that the original system (FM 68) might have issues. My RC gear now seems to be working. I suspect that the frustrating intermittent failure to respond to control inputs some years ago might have been due to the rudder servo lines becoming fouled in the control/battery compartment (I saw a YouTube video that mentioned that) rather than a radio issue; or perhaps I had attached the hatch cover backward, such that the sail lines servo arm was contacting the cover.

The jib sail control line was broken, but I found the proper routing of the line in a screenshot of a YouTube video. Fortunately the break was not at a point where it might interfere with line in/out action. I also just downloaded a user manual.

Megatech seems to be out of business. Does anyone know of a spare/replacement parts source? Any recommendations on replacing the radio TX and RX with newer units?. Thanks for any info. A new local sailing club has been formed so I am looking forward to using by boat again.

Last edited by PWsNirvana; 05-24-2023 at 06:05 AM. Reason: revision of my comments