Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Oceanis 60 & Atlantis

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Oceanis 60 & Atlantis

Old 12-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Gaffspan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oceanis 60 & Atlantis

If you are looking for a small, transportable r/c yacht, DO not be tempted by this Viatmamise rubbish. Beautiful hull shape- yes, and transparent sails are novel. The boat sails beautifully in the lightest breeze, being agile yet able to hold a straight line, and its long keel is adequate to keep it upright in heavier breezes.

BUT

On later inspection, I found that water had seeped inside the hull (yes, it ALWAYS happens). I dried this out, but the hull, being made from wood, began to warp and split. It had obviously not been waterproofed properly, and water based glues were used! Even the deck was beginning to seperate from the hull!

Luckily, I managed to swap it for a Koyosho Sea Dolphin- cant go wrong with plastic!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:36 AM
alex909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oceanis 60 & Atlantis

THanks for the heads up. Who manufactures these kits that you think are of poor quality?