Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

1 meter suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

1 meter suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 AM
sidv13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 meter suggestions

I am thinking about buying or maybe building a 1 meter yacht, and I was wanting to get soem suggestions on which ones are good ones to buy or if I should build one. I have some plans to build one but I wanted to know how difficult it is to build one or if it is better to buy one for my first 1M I have sailed before with the aquacraft paradise but I am wanting to step up to 1M. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 01:51 AM
sidv13

Default RE: 1 meter suggestions

I should mention that I dont plan on doing any racing just sailing for fun.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:48 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Buying a kit or ARTS, especially if you have seen an example sailing, will give you a fair guarrantee of performance. Building yourself has a satisfaction all of its own, and depending on your building skills and the design, can give a better performance at much power cost.
My sailing is just for fun but it didn't stop me looking at what the racing lads were doing because they demand that their boats work well in all conditions, so their tweaks are valid for me as well.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
sjmoreno77

Hi:
I have ben sailing since 1985 and still love it. I sail US1meters as well as AC class. All of my US1's I have built are from plans and from scratch, to me the best boats are built from plans unless you have the $$$ to pay for a kit.
Steve
Old 09-09-2007, 08:44 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can recommend the Kyosho seawind. I have one of these as do several friends of mine. They are an excellent first 1M model yacht. Easy to build with good performance.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
sidv13

I have plans that I got off of the amya site, so I may build one also. I was kinda lookin to buy one tho but I was lookin for a fiberglass kit not an ABS one and I cant find one like that. so I may just build one unless I can find a used oen or somthing. the palns I have are for the advance MK1 adn I also downlaoded the construction guide from that site as well.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want fiberglass you will probably have to put one together yourself. I cannot think of a readily available kit that is not ABS.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 AM
sidv13

that is what I am finding out too. I am looking at a couple ABS ones on ebay and I will see what I can get them for and if I can get a good deal on them I will pick one of those up. I think there is a North wind 36, a fair wind 900 and a soiling by victor on there for sale, any opinions on which is the better boat, I am kinda thinkin its between the fairwind and the victor, but then I dont know much about them.