Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Volvo 70 Ericsson Build Log

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Volvo 70 Ericsson Build Log

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
hew565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volvo 70 Ericsson Build Log

I have uploaded the PDF files that I received from the VelaRC site a couple of years ago, to a free file share site. You have to look at their ads as you wait for the time to expire and get the files, but, hey, it's free and you can get them whenever you want. I have Ericsson, Illbruck and ABN Amro I and II in pdf format, or all four files zipped up.

If there are others, I will be glad to store them there as well, just get them to me.

http://www.filefactory.com/f/6e01e30cc7e3300b/
Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 PM
ruffled11

Hello,
I'm going to build VOR 70 RC yacht. Could someone send me most recent plans 
My e-mail: d[email protected]

Thanks very much
David
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

SURFDABBLER
Fantastic work. I agree with an earlier post that referred to your boat as a work of art! The other versions of this boat or similar VO 70 boats appear to have the same propensity for heeling over without much provocation. The Stockmaritime model appears in their video to experience the same tendency. Like to understand why both boats share this phenomenon.
Again, you have created a beautiful thing to be sure.
Thank you
Boomer

Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Waikiwi

Hi

Your model of Ericsson is absolutely beautiful surfdabbler - incredible detail and a real inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your build log with everyone - I love looking at the photos of your boat. I have a few questions I was hoping you or someone who has built one could help answer. After seeing your beautiful model, I would love to try building one. I have the plans, but am stuck on how to scale them. I would like to reduce the scale to make it smaller, as the size on its plans is too big for me. How did you scale the plans down to a 1:25 scale, and what length boat did this give? Also, could someone please tell me how you are meant to print them from the PDF file so the bulkheads are the right size to use as templates.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 02:55 AM
symont

There is actually a lot of ways to accomplish this. Your available tools will dictate your approach. Beside, lots of freewares or trial softwares will do the trick. Here is a few pointers:

- First, you should know that a good PDF reader as a way to print your drawing at the "Actual size" insted of fitting (auto-scaling) it to a particular paper size. It is usually a check box in the Print window. This answers part of your question.

- Second, if you don't have a big plotter, a good PDF reader has a way to print in "Poster mode" or "Tile mode" or any variation of this. It means that it will print a mosaic of your drawing on several sheets of paper. You can normally choose to add cut marks and set an overlap to courter you printer margin. Some will even let you choose a scaling factor. There you go!!!

- A variant would be to print to a "PDF printer" and set the scale along the way. This new file can then be print at the "Actual size".

- Another variant would be to import the PDF in a drawing software. You can then freely scale the thing and even modify it at your will.

OK, here is a simple recipie if you start with no tool. Download the free PDF-XChange Viewer (no affiliation, a good recommendation though). Then print your drawing with these settings:

Page Range:
        Current Page (I suggest to do it one by one)
   Page Scaling:
        Scaling Type: Tile large pages
        Page zoom: 80% (or anything that suits your need)
        Overlap: 0,5 inch (depends on the limitation of your printer)
        Show cut marks on sheets: Checked

As simple as this!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Matisas008

hew565,

Really big thanks!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:20 AM
timbokeen