Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Newport 12 question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Newport 12 question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
1967250s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newport 12 question

Hey sailors, I have a McClung N12 and am about to attach the deck- does the deck fit inside the lip( it would have to be trimmed a lot) or should it sit atop the hull lip? Hanna's boats were trimmed to fit inside the lip, then faired into the lip. I'd also like to get an approximate location of the winch location vertically in the hull, so it can be swung up on a hinge to pull the keel weight, not sure how low to go and keep correct spacing and angles for the lines, though I'll probably put in blocks to redirect them to the fairleads as necessary. Also, how far should the rudder swing? And how many deck braces should be under the deck? I have a fiberglass deck and it is pretty sturdy and will have a mast, chainplates, fairleads and fore and aft stay supports. Any help and pictures help!! Thanks All, Fair Winds..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24858.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1166013