RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Sailboats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-sailboats-89/)
-   -   Stars and Stripes prodject (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-sailboats-89/10866705-stars-stripes-prodject.html)

DanneBack 12-19-2011 11:26 AM

Stars and Stripes prodject

Hi!

I havedesided to start building on my RC sailing boat. My dad bought it half finished. It is a 1 meter long model of the famous 12 meter long yacht that won Americas Cup 1987. Pictures coming soon ;) Please comment and give me ideas!

DanneBack 12-21-2011 09:27 AM

RE: Stars and Stripes prodject

1 Attachment(s)
Some pictures on how the boat looks before i start:

DanneBack 12-21-2011 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now i have puted the batteryholder, resiver and the switch in. the batteryholder and the resiver i puted in plays with velcro and the switch with the hot-glue pislol.

Norman2 12-22-2011 07:27 AM

Hi, I am glad to tell you you 're doing a very neat and tidy job. Your Americas cup boat will turn out very nice. Keep posting photos. Regards
Norman2

DanneBack 12-29-2011 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Norman2

Hi, I am glad to tell you you 're doing a very neat and tidy job. Your Americas cup boat will turn out very nice. Keep posting photos. Regards
Norman2

Thank you!I have now glued on the deck on the boat. I used epoxy-glue.

mainiac68 01-14-2012 10:05 AM

Good luck with your project. I had 2 of those victor boats and they may have been my alltime favorites (only realize this long after they are gone:-( I didn't use the stock supplied keel and bulb but made mine from scratch modeled after comparable units on the IOM or USOM boats, deeper to allow the boat to carry full sails in stronger wind). They sailed wonderfully! They tracked straight and true and pointed very high. Mine was painted like Stars and Stripes but with the later midnight blue color and trim rather than the light blue of 1987, a very good looking boat. My wife's boat was all red and set up exactly the same. I then built an AC Bahamut and eventually sold both Victor boats ( stupid, stupid!). If you have something good that worksKEEP IT-leason learned. The AC is very large and harder to handle now that I'm older. I am considering buildind a Victor Soling as that is a VERY popular boat here and is a one design which appeals to me a lot. But seeing your pics makes me want to build another S&S, very compact, easy to build and you can personalize to the nth degree; not for racing but for endless hours of enjoyment.

DanneBack 01-29-2012 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! It has been a quite long time seens i wrote last time. I have glued the mast together and drilled the holes in it. I am going to paint it silver to make it look like an aluminium mast.

coololdude 06-19-2012 12:05 PM

So Im just wondering did you ever finsh the star and stripes? I built the aussie 2 Back in the late 80's I loved it. I sold it in the 90's and kick my self in the Butt for doing so. I got mine when victor models still in was in calif.

DanneBack 06-19-2012 12:17 PM

Hi!
</p>

It was a little bit scarry that you wrote that right now because I finnished the boat today! :D I will try to sail it for the first time this weekend and I will bring my camera and upload a video and some photos here next week.</p>

mainiac68 06-21-2012 02:53 PM

Way to go! Look forward to seeing pics of it on the water (or on the stand as well). After you sail for awhile you can start to adjust for smoother and better performance. Good Luck!

DanneBack 06-24-2012 01:07 AM

Hi!

I have now sailed it for the first time and everything went really well but unfortunately it was very little wind.

Here is the video:
http://youtu.be/0JunXvOtvKQ