Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird >

Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird

Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird

Question for you guru's of methanol fame - I'm looking for a good ARF or RTF that would fit a beefy .60 engine, a plane that will roll well and be on the acrobatic side. What do you think about the P-51, or any ideas would be welcome.
I'm back in FL and need an airplane to crash.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird

If you want a strong mustang arf for a good 60 take a look at the world models 46 size mustang. there are threads here about it - they race them in California with ys engines. But as always with any arf you should look it over to make sure it is glued well. But my buddy Doug flew them quite a bit at full power and never had one fail.

If you want to build get the Great planes 40 size mustang kit. It flies very well - I have one that was beefed up a little and I have flown it for 5 years at least with a super tiger g90 - still going strong.

They both fly well and will readily do basic aerobatics (loops rolls inverted etc) at speed and don't do weird things like tip stalls.

Ed
Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good .60 Aerobatic Warbird

OK-thanks Ed - appreciate the first-hand experience info. I may try that Mustang.
~ Ron