Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static? >

What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static?

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static?

Hello, I am building a plane to compete in team scale. I have only found two 3 viers that are published and meet the AMA criteria for 3 views. The aircraft I am building in not a well known aircraft and there were several variations of some of the air scoops. Early on they were built one way, later the were made to be less labor intensive to fabricate. I f the panel was swapped for a different style than was original, as long as the pictures show the current configuration, does that take prescidence? The 3 view shows the early style, if the pictures of the full scale show the aircraft being modeled has the new style and the 3 view shows the olkd style, how will that affect judging?
Thanks, Denny
Old 11-25-2010, 02:12 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static?

Photos of the actual aircraft being modeled always take precedence over drawings. Just don't present photos of more than one airplane. Mitch
Old 11-25-2010, 04:33 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: What takes prescedence, 3 view or actual aircraft for judging static?

Make the judge's life a little easier by high lighting the "trouble spot" on the three-view with a note to "See photo on Page X"
Old 11-25-2010, 05:05 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conflicting data is not good and less is more. From one year to another, I pulled out a bunch of pictures, like half, out of a friends docs and he added about 3 small items; the static score went form 89 to 98. I found on one of my planes, that if one picture of the original plane is in the docs, the judges will ignore all the rest. You can have the 3 view modified. I would contact the AMA for the procedure. You have to precisely lead the judges; if you let them think for themselves, they never go your way.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:37 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would build acccording to your pictures you have, some 3 views dont show everything