Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Monocoupe ?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:22 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monocoupe ?

Did any models of the Monocoupe have any diaheaderal in the wing? I have a 1/4 Monocuoe that I accquired <long story> That was partially built with a lot of diaheaderal in the wing. Tha plane flys really nice. I can't imagine someone changing from the plan that much. I believe it was scratch built from a set of plans.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	99457_3390.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	56664  
Old 08-05-2003, 10:56 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default Monocoupe ?

Omigod; they're BENT!
Maybe the guy attempted to bash it into a bent-wing Corsair?

It does look like a decent aircraft, though, so I think it would be worth the effort to pull the covering off the mid part of the wing, cut the spars cleanly at the middle ribs, then drill for and install aluminum tubing spars (straight, of course).
Recover, repaint, go fly.

Highflight
Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Monocoupe ?

Rich, I have never seen a real Monocoupe with diheaderal or a picture of one. I got to fly the Aviat prototype with the 200hp Lycoming and it is a real rocket ship. 200 mph cruise and very quick on the controls. Don
Old 08-06-2003, 01:51 AM

Default Monocoupe ?

Thats what I was afraid of. Maybe I will just build a new wing. then I can compair the flying . I was thinking of putting a set of floats on her and give that a whirl.
Don did the Monocupe use the Jacobs engine as well? I just ordered a set of plans for a cessna 195 that I need to plow up and I was thinking that a cowl from a Monocupe might work. Thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Monocoupe ?

The Monocoupes used Lambert and Warner engines, the Warner up to 185hp. More common was the 125-145hp Warners. The Monocoupe cowl is shorter than the 195 and not quite as tapered. I have a Kangke ARF Monocoupe and it flies great. Does fairley good point rolls and inverted flight even with a flat bottom wing. Don
Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Monocoupe ?

'cept for Lindberg's airplane hanging in Lambert field all the Monocoupes had solid one piece straight wing. Lindberg had his modified to a two piece wing so he could easily ship the plane home by train if necessary
Old 08-16-2003, 08:36 PM

Default Monocoupe ?

there was also 11 monocoupe 90 al versions built with lycoming engines, i have a ikon northwest kit modified to the al version, it also uses 0 dihiedral flies great! on the straight and level almost like a cub, but very aerobatic