Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Big JN-4 Jenny for Electric Power

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Big JN-4 Jenny for Electric Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big JN-4 Jenny for Electric Power

Exploring the possability of a big Jenny for electric power with a sound system. Thinking about either the Dick Hansen 100" version, or Bud Nosen's 96" design. Does anyone have any experience with either design?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Nieuport nut
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big JN-4 Jenny for Electric Power

Do you have the plans? I have the old Hanson plans and if they are the ones you are looking at, they are pretty a basic, old design - not too scale.

Martin
Old 05-20-2013, 05:52 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Hanson plan, but have not seen the Nosen plan. Neither are true scale, but close enough for a weekend sport flyer. And a good sound system will add to cool factor.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Terry,
I have the Proctor Jenny plans and I have blown them up 200% to 1/3 scale. The plans are incredible and would make a really nice big Jenny. It is on my to do list one of these days. At 1/3 scale it is like 174" span.
Later!!
Anthony
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM
exfed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry, I agree, the JN-4 in a large scale is my next project. Coincidentally, I just got through (30 minutes ago) ordering the plans set from Proctor. Their stuff is first rate and I know you'll be satisfied with anything you get from them. They're advertising the fact that their model is easily transportable, with the rigging all remaining in tact for transportation. That's a big plus, as that is how I have designed my latest projects. My big bipes (30% Tiger Moth and 10' span DH Rapide) all assemble in less than 5 minutes.. Something to think about. The Proctor plan set also comes with the complete construction manual for their kit. That, and the complete parts list should help your planning as well. Good Luck.....wanna race? Tom N.