Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

OHIO DAWN PATROL 2013!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

OHIO DAWN PATROL 2013!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Nieuport nut
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foodstick - Son-of-a-gun! Your detaching tail beat mine to the flying field - http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...et=last#484288

I have a 14lb Nieuport 17 with a 6S2P Rhino 9800 and use about 20% during a 6 min. flight, so I'm sure you are in good shape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnkPBsw4IGw

Hoping to get to Ohio next year.

Martin
Old 09-24-2014, 07:58 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Son of a gun! we were both heading the same direction.

I never mean't to be carrying so much battery, but I ruined a good 6 cell 5000 and when I ordered a replacement I bought the wrong size! So then I had one 5000, and one 6000 :O
I still needed a matched pair...After checking the balance I decided if I had to order ANOTHER battery the 6000 would work. I admit with all the mods removable fuse, and stab,split wings, shock absorbing landing gear ... it did gain some weight.

Your plane will be great, the N17s are a little sexier than the eleven, however the half cowl makes battery swaps easy, and the looks of it are growing on me.

Really glad you posted your setup..going to go watch the video now