Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Woo hoo...Ziroli Stuka!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Woo hoo...Ziroli Stuka!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 02:26 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome!
Old 05-15-2022, 07:43 PM
malonet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update! I have a Gills cut Ziroli Stuka that I will get to eventually. I will use your thread along with others when I start.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:04 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by malonet1
Thanks for the update! I have a Gills cut Ziroli Stuka that I will get to eventually. I will use your thread along with others when I start.

Thanks for watching.

Unfortunately we have had terrible wind this year, so I have only been able to get 2 flights so far.

1 observation: The flaps and aileron alignment is something that seems to need revisiting. While not a serious issue, I have found that the down elevator trim I have is directly a result of the flaps needing adjustment. Before my next flight, I plan to bring my flaps up slightly. Maybe 1/8" along with the ailerons. Maybe just 1/16" to start. I know there are some tips tricks to settings these that I have seen on RCSB, but you never really know until the air is running through them in flight.

Also, on my 2nd flight, I did full stall testing. What I found with mine, and keep in mind it is light at 25.5 lbs., it just descended slowly at idle and full up elevator. Now if I increased the throws on the elevator more, and hammered it up, it may have dropped a wing, but it did not even drop the nose. Just descended slowly.

I have not actually greased my landings either, and I equate that to being so light. SO what I will be doing the next time is practicing my landings. It wants to be really slow. Otherwise it will bounce, which is what I have done.

Another change I made was to adjust my struts down so they extend a little more past the wheel pants. Now the axel is past the edge of the spat. This way if I compress the oleo, it is not as likely to strike the spat on the runway.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:35 AM
malonet1

Default Ziroli Spinner

Did you use the Ziroli Spinner with the DLE55? If so, how did you drill the bore in the backplate just right?
Old 05-16-2022, 06:55 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just used a stepped ream. It already had a hole in it. The real work is cutting the prop blade slots and drilling and tapping the mounting screws. Yes, it has a DLE 55RA. Perfect engine for this plane.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:54 AM
malonet1

Thanks again…