Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

posting videos

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

posting videos

Old 06-08-2014, 09:56 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default posting videos

Can someone help me with posting videos? I took some short movies of full scale flying of WWI airplanes yesterday and would like to share the sounds with the rotary engine aficionados.

The aeroplanes are:

Sopwith Tabloid (LeRhone 80)
Sopwith Camel (Gnome 160)
Sopwith Snipe (Bently 230).

Thank you,

Dick
Old 06-08-2014, 04:43 PM
rcphotog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The simple way is to post a link to your video.
Where are the videos hosted? ....Youtube, Vimeo etc.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:36 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So far the videos only exist on the card in my camera. This is the first time I've ever taken a video and I considered it a minor miracle that I was able to plug the flash card into the computer and click on the icons to see the video on the screen. I have never done a utube, but if that's what needs to be done I'm a willing learner.

Thank you,

Dick
Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 AM
rcphotog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ I have never done a utube, but if that's what needs to be done I'm a willing learner.

Thank you,

Dick[/QUOTE]
Yes, you'll need to upload your videos to a video hosting website. Then you can link to them on other sites like RCU. Unlike uploading pictures directly from your hardrive to RCU, you can't
just upload videos. They need to be already uploaded somewhere and then you can share them.

You can open a Youtube account for free in just a few minutes. Upload your videos with appropriate titles, using key words so people can find them during a search, and tag words for search
engines and then play the video and look for the words below that say - About - Share - Add to ....and then click - Share ....and then you can either just paste the URL link to the page
or select - Embed to display a video window to the website which requires copy & pasting the code of the player.
See sample -

Others here may have another suggestion for a video hosting website or another way to "share" your videos, but this is the best I can do or suggest.
Hope this helps
...and looking forward to seeing your videos!
~Ken.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screen capture of youtube page.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	2002664