Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

4" spinners

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 04:22 PM
FrankM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 4" spinners

I'm completing a Top Flite 90 size Mustang and I need a spinner for it. The only one I have been able to find is a no-name white plastic one with tiny Phillips head screws which I find impossible to connect to the backplate, the holes are oversized so the screws flop around and even when I get one connected to the backplate the others are still out of sync with the backplate. I changed to hex head screws, still no alignment is possible. I can find no other four inch spinners available on line except some too - expensive aluminum ones and I do not want to spend $50 plus dollars only to find they are no better than what i have. Has anyone found some better four inch spinners out there, or a way to connect these?
Old 11-01-2021, 01:04 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The lack of hassle is well worth the extra $$,, Tru-turns are better,, One bolt, no alignment issues
https://www.truturn.com/product-cate...pinner-size/4/

Other single bolt plastic cone, aluminum backplate cheaper option is CB&asocciates @ $32 CB MODEL AIRPLANE PRODUCTS

good luck
Old 11-01-2021, 03:49 PM
FrankM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I have ordered the spinner from MECOA.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I bought a Tru Turn 2.25" three blade spinner last weekend at an R/C swap meet and, seeing the quality of that spinner, I'd have no issues buying another one at full price.
The nice part about the Tru Turn spinners is they won't wear or fade like a plastic one will plus you can paint it to match your plane's color scheme with just a quick Scotch Bright scuffing and shooting paint.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:02 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I used to paint my True Turn spinners. Aluminum is tougher to paint then you may think. I sanded with 320, primed with epoxy primer and used auto base/clear. Looked great for a while but would always end up chipping and need to be re painted. Painting also means that using a starter is out. Best thing you can do is leave it natural aluminum and hit it with an SOS pad every once in a while.