Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 My Embraer T-27 Tucano first flight! >

My Embraer T-27 Tucano first flight!

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

My Embraer T-27 Tucano first flight!

Old 01-11-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Embraer T-27 Tucano first flight!

Your Tucano looks good ! I can't believe this thread started in 2003 - and it's still going.

I have a kit from UK - originally designed and produced from Leicester Model Centre (now defunct I believe) and then bought out by Peterborough Model Centre - where I bought my kit. That was more than 10 years ago. Due to moving house (and countries too) I haven't got around to finishing it off. They offered 2 sizes - smaller for .46 engines and larger for .60 - .90 engines. The larger wingspan is around 1830 mm (72 inches). It's a FG body and foam wing construction. The model is based on the UK's RAF version of the Shorts Tucano which has a more powerful engine and heavier retracts to my knowledge. There is enough space in the cowl for an enclosed muffler (specially made to fit) and I bought a set of Italian retracts at first but then decided they were inadequate and later bought a set of SpringAir. One of these days ...... I'll get around to it again ............ this thread has re-sparked my interest .........

If you don't mind, I have 2 questions about model and engine sizes - what engine size and type would you guys recommend for this size (72" wingspan) of model ? And what about that ST .90 for this model ?

Thanks MalcolmL
Old 01-12-2006, 06:13 AM

Ha... you've got got to love this ILOVEJESUS(CRAZYRYAN) guy.
He's rude, agressive and yes... honest, if slighty over the top. I've got to admit I laughed out loud when I read his comment. I didn't agree... but I sure laughed!
He reminds me of when these RC chat forums first started poping up, years ago.
They where great. Full of information, full of humorous whitty comments, full of facts and full of hilarious sarcasm.
Funny places to be. Unfortunately all the do gooders started getting involved, cleaned 'em up and commercialized them for the own material gain!
I miss that old way... May be RCU should give CRAZYRYAN is own forum so folks can talk trash. Like retro RC web zone complete with the madness, humour and the anarchy that was the internet, years ago.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:48 AM

HI! I need to know the right size of the tree-blade propeller for my tucano .46
Here is my Tucano custom build, With the Fuerza Aerea Paraguaya colors.
Fiberglass Fuse and foam with balsa.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90958.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	395037  
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,

You can use 3 blades 10 x6 or 8 if your engine is 40 or 46, where do you fly ?

bye!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:07 AM

Malcolm L

Came across this thread when surfing. I picked up one of the Peterborough Models large Tucanos recently second hand. Had it posted here to Ireland but it was damaged severely in the post so major surgery needed. My wingspan is 78". I've ordered an OS BGX for mine. (Have been flying pattern for some time and like power in reserve....love OS engines.)

I've read that a good 90 would suit, (the plans also say this). but I don't think that this will be anywhere near enough. The Supertigre 2200 is also mentioned (I'm told that this combo is better with an OS carb)

Eoin
Old 12-29-2019, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eon, its a while since this pos but I have just gotten a second hand one and it’s coming out at 20lbs which I find astonishing. What weight is yours please or I a M going to skip mine at this weight