Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 Sopwith Pup problem!!!!!!!!!! >

Sopwith Pup problem!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Sopwith Pup problem!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2004, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sopwith Pup problem!!!!!!!!!!

Hi
I can not decide me if I gona buy the Sopwith Pup from Toni Clark or Mick Reeves.
I will use a gasoline engine with a reduction gear.
Can someone help me to make a decision?
Which is best in scale?
How is the quality of these kit?

Best regards
Jonas
Old 09-30-2004, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Sopwith Pup problem!!!!!!!!!!

If you're looking for scale accuracy, you'll have to get the Reeves' Pup. But Tony Clark does the better kit. IMHO.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:36 AM

Thanks for the answer.
I love the Pitts kit from Toni Clark, superb quality. And great flying.
But, do you know if there is a big different in scale accuracy? Or is the kit from Toni Clark ok?

Jonas
Old 10-01-2004, 03:10 PM

Toni Clark's kits are superior to Mick Reeves.
Its like comparing a British Leyland Morris Minor to a Mercedes

Also, Toni Clark's reduction gear for the Zenoah G38 is much better than Mick Reeves unit for thse Zenoah G62.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I haven't seen the Toni Clark kit of the Pup but I did have a Practical Scale Tiger moth kit many years ago. It was a very complete kit in all regards. Regretably I didn't build it and sold it. My friend has the Mick Reeves kit and it is very scale and very much leaves a lot to be desired. No prefabrication what so ever with a very Basic plan. Yes thats PLAN .. only one view of the plane so your left to figure lots of things out on your own. It can and is done and his planes look excellent when finished. It's just getting there that takes a lot of effort.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM

Just got my Toni Clark Sopwith Pup from Vogelsang Aero and I am very impressed with what I have seen. I will not be starting on it for a few weeks but man it looks great. Power will be a Seidel 770 radial inside the spun aluminum cowl. I thought about the Balsa USA kit but the completeness of the Toni Clark kit won out.

Jim
Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 38 with reduction gear is the only way to go and for the pup you will love it. As far as the kits go I have not built a TC kit but I have built 2 MR pups. They are challenging as most of the build is up to interpretation on your part and you can do what ever you want with it. Thats the cool part. I you like working with balsa and not too familar with soldering and working with metal then the MR kit is not a good one for you. Especially if this is your first.... Go with the TC kit you wont be dissapointed.

Before you put that gasser in her why not consider electric? I have two MR 1/4 pups that are electric and love em!!!!!
GB