Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Williams Brothers Model Products- NEWS!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Williams Brothers Model Products- NEWS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
von_Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Williams Brothers Model Products- NEWS!

Greetings to all!

The following is a press release for Williams Brothers Model Products:

Changing of the Guard...
In December of 2004, Williams Brothers, Inc. ceased production after a 45 year history as founded by the late, original Brothers Larry and Grainger. The immediate family could not continue the business; so, in March of 2005, all rights and assets required to produce the original products were purchased and moved from Los Osos, CA to Taylor, TX by Brett Industries, Inc. To sustain the Legacy of the original founders, the parent corporation will continue to operate under the Brand name of "Williams Brothers Model Products". The return of of products to production is targeted to begin at the end of June 2005 with shipments starting in July. The tradition of continuing to create new, niche products for the scale hobbyist needs will continue in the future.

I, too, am a modeler who was deeply impacted by the news that Williams Brothers, Inc was closing- so impacted that I gave up a 12+ year career as a senior manufacturing engineer in a larger semi-equipment company to step up to the plate, jump in , and save it- while also keeping it in the good old USA.
The new factory in Taylor, TX will be mechanically functional and ready to produce sometime in the week of June 20th. There is still some work to do on the web site, and the bookkeeping software. The new website will be at www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com, so be sure to bookmark it for the future when it comes up. (hopefully soon!) Email and Phone will be furnished to the public sometime in July as we need to focus on OEM's and Distributor's initially to get reconnected.

I thank you all for your patience in this endeavor. You should see products back at your favorite dealers again shortly!
Please spread the word!

Daniel Brett, President
Williams Brothers Model Products
a division of Brett Industries, Inc.
Taylor, TX
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Williams Brothers Model Products- NEWS!

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:10 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan,

It's good to hear a rumor come true. I heard a lot about "somebody" taking over Wms. Bros., but didn't see anything for a long time. I was about ready to give up when your thread came on.

Best of luck to you. Glad to see thast things are here in the USA as well. All I can say now is HURRY UP!! I'll need some WWI wheels and some machine guns real soon.

papermache
Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
the-plumber

Please post this in RC Groups scale forums as well. Lotsa folks over there trying to find Williams Brothers goodies . . .
Old 08-10-2005, 06:56 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Dan,

I really need four Williams Brothers W30500 engine kits for a B-24 Liberator. Do you have any ready at this time that I can purchase or know of anyone who might have any in stock I could buy. If not, do you have an estimate of when any could be ready to ship.

Thank you for your help,

Boli Muentes

PS. If anyone out there has any laying around and would like to sell them, please let me know.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
bevar

PSS. Any number of kits would help.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:13 AM
von_Hammer

Hey Bevar

we are finishing up inventory, hopefully this week. Been doing it for 3 weeks now- counting EVERYTHING for the accountant and tax man. We're done with all the tough stuff, and are rounding up with plastic parts, of which there are many, and I see quite a few engine parts, so there may be some hope there's enough to make an engine kit. If not, it'll be on the list. Once all of this stuff in in the pc, we will have a clear picture of what is here, and what can be built. I'll let you know as soon as we find the answer to your question!

Daniel
Old 08-11-2005, 01:17 AM
von_Hammer

We hope to begin production with existing inventory sometime next week, and also, start shooting parts for new material! That is the goal at least. I feel pretty sure we'll see production running in August. Might be a slow start, but it will accelerate once we get the feel of the works.

Daniel
Old 08-11-2005, 02:26 PM
LDaba
My Feedback: (2)

Dan: This is really very good news for the hobby. Over the years I have used many Williams Bros. pilot busts, scale wheels, engine kits and machine gun kits in my planes. I like it that the line will continue and better still, remain in the US. (Texas is still part of the US right? ) I wish you the absolute best of luck. Happy landings, Tony.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: LDaba

Dan: This is really very good news for the hobby. Over the years I have used many Williams Bros. pilot busts, scale wheels, engine kits and machine gun kits in my planes. I like it that the line will continue and better still, remain in the US. (Texas is still part of the US right? ) I wish you the absolute best of luck. Happy landings, Tony.
Actually, most people don't know this, but the US, is part of Texas
Glad to hear you are about to fire-up production [sm=thumbup.gif].
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: TLH101

ORIGINAL: LDaba

Actually, most people don't know this, but the US, is part of Texas
Glad to hear you are about to fire-up production [sm=thumbup.gif].
yes Terry, but there is an outside chance we may throw you guys back into the water
see you at Bomber Field
Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

[/quote]
yes Terry, but there is an outside chance we may throw you guys back into the water
see you at Bomber Field
[/quote]

Sure, if your crew makes it past the Border Patrol .
See you there.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Say, von hammer, you should load up a bunch of product and head down to Bomber Field this year. Might help you get the word out on the new doings.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
von_Hammer

I'm considering going to Bomber field for at least one day! I might have a logo shirt by then so you can recognize me.

Daniel
Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 PM
bevar

Dan,

I received your email tonight. I will be calling tomorrow. I am on the road at the moment and will not be home till tomorrow night. For some reason my email is only receiving and not sending.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boli
Old 08-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Laaars

This is great!
I hope you will keep the 1/6 scale Vickers, and the vintage wheels!
Because I need them soon... hehe.

And the 1/6 rotary engines? [8D]
Old 08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Azcat59

Good news! I hope the pilot busts are available soon. I have used them on and off for the last 28 years or so, and will need more of them in the next year or so.

Clair
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Mindwarp

Superb news! I'll be putting in an order for a Vickers machine gun and a pilot as soon as you're operational!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

[sm=sunsmiley.gif]OK--What is the latest on production?? What is first on the list to be marketed? Need some wheels and machine guns. [sm=confused.gif]Haven't seen any updates in more than two weeks so thought I would ask...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:14 AM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it really hapenning? The link to the website does not work.

JG
Old 09-01-2005, 08:37 AM
bevar

Dan,

Could you please email me?

Thanks,

Boli
Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 AM
FMBB

Hi Dan,

I am a dealer in Germany. I am mainly selling WW I scale aircrafts. So I am of course intrested in the WBroth parts. When will you by ready to accept orders.

Regards
Peter
Old 09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
ptmac3
My Feedback: (3)

Good news! The website > http://www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/ < seems to be up and running.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 PM
von_Hammer

Hello! It's been awhile since I've been on this site! And I lost this thread until now! I got so involved, I forgot. I started another one around here somewhere, and I'm looking for it tonight too! I'm not used to this rcuniverse place! I thought it would send me emails when I subscibe to a thread and people respond. am I missing something?
Production is going well, all things considered. We've seen machine break downs ( I fixed it) molds with broken ejector pins, and defects, that I either fix or have a mold maker or machinest fix, and all kinds of fun learning how to do everything. We achieved (me, myself, and I) 100% pilot and gun inventory, many cylinder types, the LeRhone 1/6 kit, some P&W engines in 1/6 and 1/4 scale, as well as various cylinders, and some of the most popular wheels, mainly Vintage types. I'm currently working hard to get deep into wheel production. The web site is still the old one, but I actually found a fellow modeler with the knowledge to help me develop a web store type site, so, we are working on the plan now. I found out I got a booth at Toledo, so we'll be there this year! I'm now deep into the legal world of the real aircrat companies and their trademarks- in short they want more cash then the individual products make in a year- so you might see name changes like Pratt & Whitney Wasp become the PAW Wasp, or similar. I don't know why they would kill off the best, most effectivem, most memorable, warmest fuzzy, and lifespan lasting, advertising they ever had in the world. Lots, and lots going on. If you need to contact me, use the address of
[email protected]
The web site is www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com
wish you all the best, and glad I found this thread again. Oh, I see the little box down below for email replies now- doh!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Williams Bros. produced some very fine control system items like horns and bellcranks. Are you going to reproduce them also? Finding 120° and 60° bellcranks is like trying to find the proverbial teeth in the chicken.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
eagledancer

von hammer can i suggest expanding the guns and cyl to include 1/3 scale, i am sure people would be interested, i know i am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.