Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Top Gun B-25 Down

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Top Gun B-25 Down

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 05:01 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Gun B-25 Down

Greg; Sorry for your loss and great job at Top Gun and The Mint Julip. Welcome back you have been missed. I'm sure your next project will be your best yet. Mike
\
Old 08-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Greg,
Very well put. I don't think I've ever seen it said better or more concisely. I, as do many others, anxiously await to see what comes out of the "Hahn Workshop" next.

I hope you're able to make it to some of the up-coming Dawn Patrol events in the area. Good luck with the rest of the season!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

I have had my work of hours turn into dust. I have yet to create a work of art though. I have taken a picture of someone else's crash even. Now it seems tasteless just like what is in the news every day. I don't watch racing to see crashes, I want to see lead changes and a very close finish with lots of skill shown. What I enjoy is seeing a great work up close and then watch a beautiful flight with a smooth landing. It does not all ways happen that way. Reading about it is bad enough for me.

Sorry for the loss and make the next one even better!

Carl
Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Greg, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this thread. It's nice to hear from the most effected party. Sorry to hear that your plane crashed at the Nats ( I enjoyed seeing it at Toledo this year). As you well know.. when you fly.. its not a matter of "if you'll crash but rather when".
Maybe I'm getting old (probably am) but I appreciate the civilized manner in which disagreements were discussed in this thread. Not every one agrees but at least everyone is polite about it, Always a good thing!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:34 PM
teamscalepilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As we speak the balsa is flying in the Hahn workshops. Next Toledo will a NEW pc of Hahn ART!!! (Suzzie keep him fed) David Pinegar
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 PM
teamscalepilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hear, hear Greg!
Mrs. D. Pinegar
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Well put Greg, yes it does hurt and it takes time to get over it and move on. These scale subjects that we spend many numberous hours on become a part of us knowing that someday we will not have them if we fly them but it is still not easy to accept when they are gone. Best to you and Sue in the future.
Steve O.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
soumas

Mr. Hahn,
I have watched your efforts from afar and have always been impressed. I am not and never will be a competitor in scale but I enjoy building and flying models that look like the full size version. Seeing the works of art you and the other big name scale builders produce causes cold chills to run up and down my spine. And then you fly them! And that is as it should be. We all work, ever hopeful, that our creations will fly well, often, and long. But, alas, it seems there are only two types of model airplanes; those that have crashed and those that are going to.
My sincere condolences for your loss.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:39 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spychalla Aircraft

Lucky Dog. I don't think you should have published a photo of Greg's crashed plane. Too graphic. When I see somebody pull a camera out near a destoyed airplane I try to stop them. It is just something that you don't do out of respect for the builder. A crash is a huge loss and it's hard enough to deal with without having pictures of it plastered all over. Nobody takes pictures of your dead loved ones or a lost pet. Model airplanes are in the same category. Let them be remembered in their glory and not as a pile of ashes. That's my $.02.

Leo
Some of you guys have way to much time on your hands. We are talking about models for crying out loud!!! As you may or may not know the Commemorative Air Force lost their P-51B last year. It is called the Red Tail Project, the name of the plane was the Tuskegee Airman. They spent 11 years restoring it and millions of dollars, it’s going to take 2 million dollars to fix it. The only original 1943 components are in the tail, most of the plane is new. On the Red Tail Project web site they show the plane in it’s wrecked state, Don Hinz was killed in it. Let’s not go overboard with or sensitivity with these toys…
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23533.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	309119  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 PM
blackpainter

I`am so sorry to hear about the B 25 of Greg Hahn had chrashed. I saw the B25 at the Mint Julep Scale contest in Indiana.
I spoke with Greg Hahn about his planes. It was very interesting to see the models and to speak with Greg Hahn. I was there with my friend Steve. I`am from Germany and please exuse my not so good english.
In Germany we just lost a full size 109 red seven. It was build up in a lot of years and now crashed by landing. 109 beast, a wingtip touched the grass by landing and the 109 lost their motor.
Look there: http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/ph...hp?flugzeug=83
It is always sad to loose a very excellent RC-model or a fulsize veteran.

regards Reiner
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19679.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	309212  
Old 08-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Greg,
I know the way it feels to lose your B-25. As you know we lost ours at the Masters last year in a midair. Hurts, I also know that the best is yet to come for you. You will be on top with the designer class model you will have for next year. I am looking forward to seeing you fly in about every class the NATS will have. By the way order more CD's that side will be moving up as well.
Have a good day,
Mrs_Scale

Reiner's web site with Mint Julep Scale Contest Pic
http://www.dietsch.homepage.t-online.de/index.htm

Reiner our friend from Germany
see you next weekend Dave and Vicki for the Southern Indiana Scale Classic