Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Scale instrument panel for 1/5th scale Cessna

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale instrument panel for 1/5th scale Cessna

Old 11-08-2005, 09:18 PM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale instrument panel for 1/5th scale Cessna

Anyone know who sells a complete instrument panel for the 1/5th scale TF Cessna 182? I saw one somewhere and now I cant find it. It was already completed to fit the TF 182?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80503.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	351037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24628.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	351038  
Old 11-09-2005, 04:35 AM
guerjac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scale instrument panel for 1/5th scale Cessna

My methode:
1) run Flight Sim 2004 (selecting the right plane),
2) do a screen capture (selecting the panel area) Corel Capture is perfect for that,
3) resize and modify image as you want by using Photoshop or other convenient software,
4) print the result using glossy photo quality paper,
5) glue it on a piece of thin plywood,
6) spray with varnish (don't use a brush) in order to protect it,
7) glue your new panel in place in your plane.

You won't win the world championship with it but, in most cases, the result looks great!!!

and sorry for my english.

Jacques

Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top flight sells the cockpit kit for the 182. It comes with a molded ABS instrument panel.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHZ01&P=7
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
airsteve172

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The interior kit for the 182 is not great for the price considering it's only some vacuum-formed parts, but you may find the kit useful as an aid in building up the instrument panel and/or the rest of the interior to the level of detail you desire. If you're not too picky, the instrument panel can be finished up to a reasonable representation without expending too much effort.

My biggest gripe is the fact that of all the 182 instrument panel layouts I've seen (in person and in countless pictures off the web), none seem to match the kit panel, particularly in the area below the gauges where the switches are located.

Personally, I'm going to reconstruct the kit panel to match an existing plane, but I find the kit useful as a starting point or a template for what will ultimately be a mostly scratch built panel.

Printing some gauges from screen captures out of Flight Simulator can produce some amazing results so go ahead and give it a try, you might be very pleased at what you can do once you think it out.